~~SPIRITUAL~~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 11/23/08 4:49 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
11/23 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY

Before I came to The Program, I was like an actor who insisted on writing the script, producing, directing and, in short, running the whole show.  I had to do it MY way, forever trying to arrange and re-arrange the lights, lines, sets and, most of all, the other players' performances.  If only my arrangements would stay put, and people would behave as I wished, the show would be fantastic.  My self-delusion led me to believe that if THEY all would just shape up, everything would be fine.  Of course, it never worked out that way.  ISN'T IT AMAZING HOW OTHERS SEEM TO BE "SHAPING UP" NOW THAT I'VE STOPPED TRYING TO MANAGE EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY?

TODAY I PRAY
May I talk myself out of that old urge to control everything and everybody.  Time was, if I couldn't manage directly, I would di it indirectly, through manipulation, secret conferences and asides.  May I know that if I am the one who is always pulling the strings on the marionettes, then I am also the one who feels the frustration when they collapse or slip off the stage.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I can only "shape up" myself.

Click to view full size image

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 11/23/08 8:25 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Rhonda,
I appreciate you posting this regularly.  I like this particular one because it reminds me of my favorite story from the Big Book, the one about the doctor who writes that awesome passage on acceptance.  I can't remember the title, because they changed it in the 4th edition. 

I hope you are well.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 11/24/08 11:36 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Hi Trish,

I'm good hun.. hanging in there and recognized 2 years of Sobriety just last week.   
Sorry I've not been around much.  I think I've transferred some of my addiction to another website forum where I spend too much of my time.  I must practice these steps in ALL MY AFFAIRS huh

Just living daily and enjoying life, altho lately I've just been a big ole homebody on the weekends.  I love being lazy and laying in especially on these cold days like this past weekend.

Hope you are well hun

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 772 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views