Update on my pain and other stuff

Patricia R.
on 11/21/08 10:23 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I have been dealing with the extreme joint and muscle pain for almost two weeks now.  I had bloodwork done which is borderline for an indicator for Lupus, so I have been referred to a rheumatologist.  It took a few days to find a doctor who could see me before Thanksgiving, as the first doc's office only could see me in January.  My reply was, "I don't want to wait two months for a diagnosis and treatment when I am in such extreme pain NOW." 

I would be taking narcotics, or drug seeking, if I were not in my treatment program, because the Ibuprofen I was prescribed is barely cutting the pain.  Rest helps a little, but there is always something that hurts, even in bed. 

It is so hard to not fall on the pity pot, and I joked about how my 82 year old Mom is more spry than me.  When I am healthy, I have trouble keeping up with her in a store, she zooms through stores like a bat out of Hell. 

I guess the most frustrating thing is my inability to get to meetings.  I am really trying to avoid being outdoors as much as possible due to the extreme cold weather, which aggravates the pain somewhat.  It does not help that my classroom was 62 degrees this week.  Brrrrrr.

So, I just want to say "Hi,"  I hope everyone is warm and cozy this weekend.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 11/23/08 2:02 am - Peachtree City, GA
Big hugs going ot your way Trish.  Pain is so frustrating.  I really admire your tenacity at working your program in spite of it.  Wow - that's huge.

I sure hope they find the cause and can get you the relief you need.  I'm sending angels your way.

love,
Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Patricia R.
on 11/23/08 2:12 am - Perry, MI
Thanks so much, Michelle. 
I am just hanging by a thread today.  Hoping I can get an edge off the pain, and just relax somewhat.  I went out to get some groceries at WalMart, and just want to curl up and go back to bed now. 

By the way, I think your avatar is adorable. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 11/23/08 8:42 pm - So. Easton, MA
Trish I hope you're in less pain today....The weather is of NO help whatsoever, and I feel for you. Do you also have fibromyalgia? I don't know the symptoms of Lupus, but I've a few friends with FM and the cold is a huge factor. I saw mitten and sock warmers in a store this weekend...I wonder if those microwaveable things would help at all? Please stay as warm as you can!!

Hugs,
Marie

Patricia R.
on 11/23/08 9:39 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Marie,
I have never been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but who knows.  I do know that some of my bloodwork came back borderline for an antibody that indicates Lupus. 

I have an appointment with rheumatologist Tuesday, but will be calling them to see if they have any cancellations today.

Big Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

DarDar
on 11/24/08 11:31 pm - exton, PA
Trish,

I just lit a purple candle for you....hang in there...'try' to squeeze in a meeting.  It may not help....but it couldn't hurt.

DarDar Call me sometime.
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Patricia R.
on 11/24/08 11:58 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Darlene,
I would get to a meeting if sitting upright didn't hurt so much.  Hopefully, I can get some pain relief from the doc this afternoon. 
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 772 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views