help w/ meetings...

dfavre
on 11/10/08 1:46 am - Maricopa, AZ
hi gang!

I would like to seek some advice regarding wine usage in the late evening.  I work swing shift, and have a young child to care for during the day.  It seems like there aren't any meetings that offer childcare and/or coordinate with my schedule.  Any advice?

Dawn
Patricia R.
on 11/10/08 6:24 am - Perry, MI

Hi Dawn,
Who cares for your child when you are at work?  Would it be possible to get to a meeting either on the way to or from work, as there are meetings almost any time of the day or night in most areas.  Otherwise, I suggest you find a babysitter and pay that person to watch your child so you can make a meeting on a regular basis.  If you need AA, and want to get sober, it is worth the effort.

Good luck,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 11/10/08 8:28 pm - So. Easton, MA
Here's the hyperlink for www.aa.org  . This can give you an idea of meetings in your area. Maybe you'll find one nearby. I found one at a time and place convenient for me. It was women only, non-smoking and gave me what I needed at the time. Good luck in the search!

Marie

DarDar
on 11/11/08 12:24 am - exton, PA
Well, I don't approve of it, but I have been to meetings where women/men just bring the kids.  Give them something to play with and just have their meeting.  Maybe this could work for you.

DarDar
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
dfavre
on 11/11/08 6:04 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I think Trish's advice is a good one, I think I will start there.  All meeting times that I checked out a aa.org are during times that I have my little one and I agree, probably shouldn't be attending. 

Thanks again for all of your feedback!

Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 772 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views