Husband wants an apology for years of my fat...

Curious G.
on 11/8/08 3:03 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Are you single?  ;-)

I need somebody to beat up badguys for me!  LOL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

marieh
on 11/7/08 8:36 am - So. Easton, MA

My first marriage was to an emotionally, physically, sexually abusive man. I got out thankfully with my life and before I had children. While it's wonderful that you both adore your child, staying together for the sake of the child is not the reason to do it. The resentment and nastiness will eventually cloud the seemingly happy home you're trying to raise him in. You can't hid that from a kid for very long. You speak like your marriage is an illusion (or delusion?) of happiness for his sake only. What about you? YOU deserve to live with a man *****spects you. This one clearly doesn't. YOU deserve to be happy...If you can honestly say you are with this man, more power to you. IF not, I applaud you for doing something about that by seeing a counsellor. 

CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss! This is NOT an easy journey...I am so proud of you for what you've achieved! Don't let his misery and selfish attitude convince you tht you owe him any kind of apology. You owe him nothing. He needs to pull his bald head OUT of his ass, make the pop! sound and look at what he HAS instead of what he THINKS he's owed. I'm trying to be nice here, but I really want to ***** slap that man. You take care of YOU and your child. In time with proper counselling, you'll find what you want...what you need, and what you'll put up with.

Love,
Marie

bbwvixen
on 11/7/08 1:37 pm - Surrey, Canada
I had to re read the post a second time to make sure I was reading it right!! I was speechless at the nerve of your husband!!! OMG! I'm fuming and I can just hear what my husband would have to say on the subject.....(similar to the gentlemen's post above!!)
How about HE owes YOU a apology for being a jackass? '

Hon, the others are right! He IS emotionally abusing you, and is a typical BULLY!!! He can't handle his own short comings so he tries to make you pay for them by calling you down and making himself feel better.

He's NOT a man, but rather a spoilt, self centered child!

PLEASE follow through with the councelling and work on getting yourself happy.
Remember that a child is better with one happy parent then two miserable ones!!!

Good luck and please keep us updated!
sonibell2
on 11/9/08 7:36 am - calera, OK
My X was like that.....since i wasnt good enough for him i left.   If i wasnt good enough for him...why is he calling me?
Beth F.
on 11/9/08 8:46 pm - Pipersville, PA
I want to say a huge "THANK YOU" to everybody *****plied here... I needed to sit back and absorb it all before replying.  What I was looking for was some advice on how Food addition recovery works, but what I got was so much more valuable - a whole lot of encouragement and virtual hugs.

We're on vacation now - we got tickets to see the space shuttle launch this Friday, and we couldn't miss that. We have an appointment with a counselor about a week after we get back.

Thanks to all of you.

Beth

stuckintexas
on 11/10/08 2:18 am
Beth, 

First off CONGRATS on your weight loss.     I am so sorry that your husband is such a jerk.  My first husband was like that, if he saw a lorge woman he would point her out to me and say "if you keep on eating"!!!!!  But the one that hurt the most was when he had a dinner party or something of that nature to go to for his work, I would get "you don't want to go do you?"  Well to make a long story short I finnaly woke up and divorced him,  really it was a mutual thing.  Now I have a wonderful loving and very supportive husand who loves me for ME,  I can't tell you how much that has helped me in life., to know that someone always has your back.  He fell in love with me whe I was fat, then I got fatter and then he was very much supportive when I decided to have Lap Band.  I do hope that counsuling will help you, but if not just know that there are REAL men out there that will love you for YOU.   
Bobbie

StuckinTexas 

peggy76
on 12/22/08 11:18 pm, edited 12/22/08 11:20 pm - girardville, PA
 Wow.... where to start... hmm ok... first off let me say how glad i am that i read this post. an all the past in this thread... talk bout a wake up call... Thank u all! I been married almost 10yrs to someone exactly like she describes even worse.. if thats possible.. everything is my fault an i never do anythign right no matter how hard i try.. an its always lovey dovey for a few days an sweet "nothings" exactly that NOTHING!  to make me think i have someone to love me an then back to tellin me what a loser i am..i did the pre-op psyc eval an went back for another appt.. she gave me the green lite but also said i am severely clinicaly depressed.. but she doesnt see how she can help me cuz i handle things in my own way... im lost an confused i think i need something other then the one med i have been on for like 3 yrs.. (prozac) what else... im so sorry  but also feel better knowing that someone else is going through the same thing  as me.. i was 300+lbs when (john) married me.. an yo-yo'd for last 10 yrs..  but his life is a living hell because im fat.. or so he says.. he thinks i shouldnt get my surgery but doesnt want me fat either its a lose lose no matter what i do its not good enough... ok sorry for rambling.. im in a funk... nice to meet u all btw.. 

hugs~
Peg

charleston-mom
on 1/2/09 3:48 am
Divorce him. He doesn't deserve you. Don't let him sabotage your weight loss either. I would seriously consider starting a new life, one in which you can be with someone who is not cruel and controlling. I was married to someone like your husband. Divorcing him was the best thing I ever did. I left with three young daughters who are now in college, healthy happy and strong women in their own right. I'm sorry to say this but your husband is a class #1 asshole. I wonder how he's going to handle it when you are REALLY slim and beautiful? Probably by trying to beat you down even more? Get away. Be brave and do what's best for you. I'm SO glad you had the surgery!
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views