A Great Day to be Sober

Patricia R.
on 10/31/08 1:47 pm - Perry, MI

I had the most awesome day in years.  I live outside Philadelphia, PA, and today was the Victory Parade for the Philadelphia Phillies World Series victory.  There were an estimated 2 million people in the city to watch the parade.  My son and I went on an adventure that was fun and entertaining, to say the least.

On the way into the city, we were on a very crowded subway car, around noon, with a group of young people that were openly drinking beer, and screaming and whooping it up before we even got to the venue.  When we got down there, we saw grown men peeing into the gap between the port-o-potties.  One poor guy was so drunk, he could not stay standing and collapsed on the ground.  This was all before 2:00 pm.  Talk about keeping it green. 

The weather was perfect.  We got to see our team in the parade.  I had a blast, as well as a ton of gratitude.  I spent a wonderful day with my son, and then he took me out for a birthday dinner, as tomorrow is my birthday. 

Sobriety is so full of blessings.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

DeeBee
on 11/2/08 11:08 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Happy belated borthday. I too stayed sober all weekend. I went to a party Saturday night and drank diet snapple and resisted MUCH temptation by people offering me wine, jello shots etc. I had to lead a hike the next day and knew that I needed to drive myself home as well as get up the next morning and take a group out into the wild for a hike. I resisted successfully. I was so proud of myself and during the hike yesterday I felt so wonderful as opposed to how I would have felt if I would have started drinking the night before.

I restricted myself to merely grazing on the food table at the party, and you know that that is physically limited. I cannot eat that much so food isn't my enemy. I think I have been my own enemy all this time.

-=db=-
Patricia R.
on 11/2/08 11:42 pm - Perry, MI
 Congratulations on staying sober Saturday.  That is awesome.  Great job.  Keep up the good work.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views