How do I disown my son?

Patricia R.
on 10/29/08 1:15 pm, edited 10/29/08 1:16 pm - Perry, MI
If my Phillies had not won tonight, I would be more upset right now.  I would like to know if it is possible to disown a child, and not murder him the way I feel right now. 

My youngest and I have a joint checking account at my credit union, which we opened when he first went to college.  I have my own account with the same credit union, in my name only.  Well, SonnyBoy let his account drop to -$244 in August.  The Credit Union reconciled his account by taking money from my account, since my name is on both accounts.  He has not paid that back yet, because he does not have a job and he is waiting for student loan money to supposedly come through. 

Well, I was supposed to close my account and open an account at a different bank since then, but I was either too busy,  too broke, or too drunk since then to take care of it.  Now, I just found out that the credit union reconciled his account AGAIN, to the tune of $143.  It seems he had an auto-pay thing with his car insurance.

What ****** me off the most is that he does not have a phone so I can't call him to ***** at him about it. 

Needless to say, I get paid tomorrow, and I am heading right to the bank to open a new checking account.

In the meantime, I want to disown the no good bum.

I just had to vent a little.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jnadreau
on 10/30/08 6:02 am - Mountlake Terrace, WA
Get your name off the account and instruct the bank to not take any more funds from your account.  Your son is old enough to be responsible for his own finances.  No more free lunch!

Patricia R.
on 10/30/08 7:51 am - Perry, MI
Hi there,
Unfortunately, I can't get my name off his account.  He could not have gotten the account without my name being on it.  The only thing I can do is close my personal account and go to another bank.  There are different rules for credit unions than banks. 

Thanks,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jnadreau
on 10/30/08 9:04 am - Mountlake Terrace, WA
Well, then, there ya go!  Cut him off!  That oughta hit him where he lives, LOL!

AMY_AKA_HOTTMAMM
A

on 10/31/08 3:22 am
You a to good of a person to disown you son. My son works everyday except sundays. He is 22. He moved back home for now. In and out thing. I always take him back. He has no bills. He gets paid 2 times a month. He makes good money. But still he will come tell me he needs minutes on his phone. Or he need cigs. I feed him and keep a roof over his head. He spends all his money on tattoos. I only get tattoos after my bills are paied. My mother was not a mother. I got raped by my steptbrother and I was the one that got kicked out. So I try so,so hard for my 22 year old and my 17 year old. They tell me everyday of my life that I am the best Mom anyone could have. They tell me everyday they love me. We gotta do what we gotta do for our kids. Their dad has not seen them or talked to them in 10 years. So I am all they got. And they are all I got.
Amy
DarDar
on 10/31/08 4:26 am - exton, PA

LoL, Sometimes I get grateful at the most oddest things. Right now I'm so glad that my daughter is stuffed! Before anyone calls Children and Youth, you need to know that my daughter is a Cabbagepatch doll that I inherited from my mother.

Trish, if your son didn't realize that you would help him, he wouldn't have done it.  I guess you need to have a talk with him and the bank. When you get the new account keep it from him.

339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Patricia R.
on 10/31/08 7:37 am - Perry, MI

Hi Darlene,
I won't really disown the brat.  He is literally starving due to the lack of funds.  He knows I will help him as much as I am able, but at the same time I don't want to enable him into thinking he should not be working while he is in college.  It is a Catch-22.  Finding balance is so hard, just like life in general.

BTW:  I was down at the parade today.  I had a blast!!!!!

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views