Emotional Week

Patricia R.
on 10/24/08 10:46 pm - Perry, MI
Hello Everyone,
I have had a challengingly emotional week, but I have held up mostly.  I am not sure if I shared how painful this week has been, due to the anniversary of my brother's death.  I am also not sure if I shared about feeling out of sorts because my son will be watching the World Series with his father, and I won't even be able to see him due to having to work during the day this weekend.  I feel kind of dissed because I watched the Phillies all summer, and texted my son the scores during the games, as he lives in New York and couldn'****ch the games due to geography.

Well, Wednesday, Mom and Sis and Sis-in-law were here to play Scrabble and watch the game, and it got kind of emotional because we were reminscing about my brother.  It really hurt like Hell for a lot of reasons.  Then, on Thursday, I shared what was going on with me during group, and got some support and suggestions. 

Last night, I went to my AA Women's meeting and shared what is happening.  I am still in search of a sponsor, but have a couple of leads.  I am not sure what to do next, but I think I might call a woman I saw at the meeting last night that I have known for almost as long as I have been in program. 

My therapist is away for a few days, and I am not going to see him for another week.  This will be the first time I go for two weeks between sessions since May.  Then, he was out of the country, doing some work with the college he teaches at.  That was when my drinking really took off before I went back to AA and got honest.  It was after that when my therapy really got good and I really started doing a lot of painful work.  Now, I am afraid because he is away again, and I have been tempted to relapse and act out like I did in May. 

I am working my program and getting to my AA meetings, and sharing where I am at.  I don't intend to relapse today.  I am okay.  I just feel like crap emotionally.

Have a great weekend.
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa R.
on 10/26/08 10:05 am - Del City, OK
Hang tight Trish,
Keep your head up and keep putting one foot in front of another.  You'll get through this hard time without a drink.. Anniversaries are hard.  No doubt.

Glitter Text Generator

DarDar
on 10/27/08 4:59 am - exton, PA
Trish,

I only have one suggestion. During this time 'try' to pick up your AA meetings....maybe call that woman and have dinner with her...anything to distract you from yourself until your therapist gets back.

Just keep doing the next right thing....God will send you instructions.

DarDar
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Patricia R.
on 10/27/08 7:27 am - Perry, MI
Thanks, Dar,
I would be making more meetings if I were not so busy with the outpatient stuff.  That is three nights a week.  I did make a meeting on Friday.  I worked Saturday and spent Sunday with my son. 

I am off to IOP again in a few minutes.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views