Sick and Anxious

Patricia R.
on 10/12/08 2:36 pm - Perry, MI
I have been sick all weekend with stomach flu symptoms which may or may not be side effects of an antibiotic I am on.  I have not had a drink since Wednesday.  I made an AA meeting on Saturday, but was too sick today. 

I have also been very anxious about starting my outpatient program.  I don't remember feeling this way when I went to eating disorder treatment.  I actually looked forward to it.  This time, I am very apprehensive about this deal.  I am not sure what to expect and I have visions of confrontations, as I have seen in movies with rehabs in them, like "Clean and Sober" and "28 Days."  I am not sure I can deal with confrontations from strangers.  My therapist is confrontational all the time, but I have been working with him forever, and I trust him implicitly.  It took me 14 years to trust him. 

So, I am really not feeling too well physically and emotionally right now.  I am just praising God that I have not had the urge to drink since I stopped on Wednesday.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jnadreau
on 10/13/08 6:50 am - Mountlake Terrace, WA
If the confrontations at IOP make you feel uncomfortable, LEAVE.  You are supposed to feel safe sharing what you feel.  You have a right to feel what you feel.  Nobody can tell you that it's wrong.  When I was in IOP, there was 1 guy that was confrontational, but he didn't want to be compliant, and he eventually got kicked out.  Mostly the discussions centered around stuff like "well, why do you feel that way?" or "have you ever considered that xyz might be what's really bothering you?"  Fellow clients at IOP shouldn't be screaming and hollering at each other like they do on "Celebrity Rehab".  **** like that would just make me want to go home and self-injure.  If that does happen, you're in the wrong place.  Demand to be reassigned to a different group.

marieh
on 10/13/08 10:35 am - So. Easton, MA
We all feel vulnerable from time to time. Do you think feeling vulnerable and opening up to new peopel in a new group might be why you're so anxious about your out patient thing right now? I can relate to the stresses you're feeling.  I'm so happy for you that you haven't had the urge to drink since Wednesday!! :)  You rock!!

Hugs,
Marie

DarDar
on 10/15/08 4:43 am - exton, PA
Hang in there Trish, this may be just the booze talking. I know that when I first stopped drinking was hiper senative to EVERYTHING. If the price of gas rose...it was my fault, if it rained it was my fault, I was responsible for EVERYTHING negative.  You have God in your life I can see it in your posts. Your just going through a scary time...hang in there! You can call me any time....you have my number
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views