Outpatient Rehab

Patricia R.
on 10/9/08 11:16 am - Perry, MI
I am just coming out of another nasty relapse, and was confronted by my therapist last week to go to rehab.  I had my evaluation this morning, and will begin outpatient rehab on Monday evening.  It is three nights a week, and usually lasts from 4 to 6 weeks. 

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I am very nervous about it.  I have been in outpatient treatment for eating disorders, but not for addictions or alcoholism.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 10/9/08 10:39 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Hi Trish. 

I have no experience with Rehab, but I will say I'm envious of those who were afforded that opportunity.  This is one of those things where you just have to trust your therapist and put one foot in front of the other.  You will be fine.

I'm wishing you much success and even more peace!

Love and light,
Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Kitty Kat
on 10/10/08 4:51 am - Richmond, VA
Trish,

Kat here! I've not dealt with rehab but I wanted to tell you everything I've read and talked about with others who have gone into and come out of rehab is your nervousness is completely normal and justified. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hugs.........
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

jnadreau
on 10/10/08 8:37 am - Mountlake Terrace, WA
HI Trish -

I did a stint in IOP treatment about a year ago.  Don't worry.  You will do fine.  You will learn a lot about yourself and about the disease.  When I went in I was so scared and broken and vulnerable.  But it was the best thing that could have happened to me.  I learned lots of things about dealing with my disease, and about how to cope with stress.  I'm glad you're seeing a therapist.  Keep doing that, because you will learn even more how to cope with stress.

Feel free to PM me if you want.  I think you are right where you need to be right now.  Outpatient treatment is a safe place to confront your personal issues.  You will be with a group of people who are in the same boat as you, they will be supportive, and your group leader will have seen it all.  If not, you're in the wrong group and you can demand to be placed elsewhere.

I'm pulling for you.  You'll make it.

Jeanne

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views