alcohol addiction---transfer

RieRie
on 10/8/08 7:50 am - somewhere, IL
I am having problems and dont know where to turn....... I am drinking just about every day.. not much but cant seem to get by without one day.... two to four drinks every day....they bad part is that it seems the more I drink they more familiar I am at the bar and the more people buy my drinks....It isnt really they drinks as it is the bar scene that i like....

I know I am asking for trouble but cant seem to stop..... no one knows... if they do they dont say nothing.... I know my husband knows I am drinking,,, but doesnt know how much.....

I dont know how to sotp... I tel myself everydaY that I am not going to drink todAY and cant sem to stop myself..... I need some kdind of help and dont know what to do...

Love Marie        My Space          I am a Army mom     

NewLife100
on 10/8/08 9:26 am - Canada
I understand your stuggle as I do the same thing and I am only 7 weeks out - all I can say is I will send yousome good vibes, I have no advice sorry

Patricia R.
on 10/8/08 10:38 am - Perry, MI
AA is one possible solution you may want to try.  Rehab is another.  I have been in and out of AA for nineteen years this month.  Right now, I am scheduled for an evaluation at a rehab for an outpatient program.  I relapsed recently, and have done a really bad downward spiral.

My therapist insisted I go to rehab for an outpatient program at my last session on Friday.  The earliest appointment is Thursday, the 9th, so I am heading there.  I am willing to do whatever they say at this point.  I feel like a huge failure right now, but know that is temporary.

Good luck.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

meloh
on 10/8/08 10:55 am - MN
Two to four drinks a day isn't much for the average person, but we aren't average anymore. We absorb the alcohol a lot differently and, if you are like me, you are probably starting to buzz by the end of the second drink. 

I know how hard this is to deal with this. It truly pains me when I read posts like this because I went through the same thing. I still deal with cravings now and then. What helped me was going to therapy. I also was honest with my doctor about it. I happened to be put on Topamax for migraines, but it is also a med used for alcohol cravings. This has helped me a lot - it doesn't work for everyone, but has worked well for me. It was really hard at first, but now I haven't had a drink in nearly a year.

Take care!

Melanie
layddi
on 10/9/08 2:26 am - Pico Rivera, CA

"That same Monkey is on my back" I have 3 days sober and everytime I go home I cant stop but to glance at a Liquer Store. 
I'm just worse I will(would) sometimes drink upto 2 bottles of Vodka a day then pass out (at home,) call in sick on Mondays (not to mention I have every Friday off.)
"2 drinks a day" I'm not you, and I'm no one to give advice but "I wish I would have stopped after my first 2 drinks."

"Wish you luck"

Curious G.
on 10/9/08 10:45 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I just want to say to you and others experience this struggle:

You don't have to do this.  It doesn't have to be this way.  There is help.

I spiraled into alcoholism within 2 years of my surgery date.  It took me completely by surprise and it was very frightening.  There are several different options for recovery.  I went to a medical doctor, a licensed drug and alcohol therapist (whom I still see biweekly) and began the 12 step program of Alcoholics Anonymous. 

This has made TREMENDOUS difference in my life - not only the alcohol.  I've really begun to address my "LIVING" problem - the root cause for my alcoholism, overeating etc.  I'm learning a way to LIVE that helps me avoid those crutches.

There is nothing to lose in calling the AA hotline.  Medical doctors are also much more understanding than we think they will be.

Email me anytime if you need to talk.  I am pulling for you!

Love and light,
Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Kitty Kat
on 10/10/08 4:47 am - Richmond, VA
I am sorry you going through such a rough time. I'm a recovering alcoholic. I'll reach 6 years post-op Jan 09. My addiction transfer from food to alcohol started in Jul 05 and ended Aug 07. I'm 13+ months sober and its not been a walk in the park but there IS hope.

Please reach out to your docs and be open and honest about your drinking. Find local AA meetings and give those a try. Reach out to your counselor if you have one and take the steps to get your life back on track. Trust me folks around you NOTICE. Just "telling" yourself you won't do it doesn't stop you.

Its important to note that you have to want to help yourself before others can help you. There are many avenues you can travel down. Please PM me here if you'd like to talk as well. Also, in my signature line is my blog site. You'll find information there to help you as well as others stories and thoughts. You are NOT alone!

All best!
Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

nolakm
on 10/14/08 7:39 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi!  I am in exactly the same place.  If you need someone to talk to (cause I can't admit this to my family and friends) , then I would love to be your friend.

I also invited you to be my friend on Myspace.  I REALLY hope to hear from you.

Nola Burke

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 771 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 995 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1703 views