RISPERDAL?

(deactivated member)
on 10/5/08 12:42 am - NH
does anyone take this?              My shrink wants me to for anger, irritability, I also am on PROZAC and KLONOPIN.

i HAVE NEVER HEARD OF risperdal .

sorry my cap button was stuck.

Amy..aka..hottmom
ma

on 10/5/08 1:45 am
I am on depakote and xanax and geadon and sequil...no wonder I am crazy. I was on prozaac for almost a year and it made me more crayzer than I am now. I gained lots of weight on it. I went to 95lbs. up to 130. So I had them to change it. I told tham I would not take anything that causes weight gain. Go to webmd. com and you can look at the meds on there. Hope things are going well for you.
Amy

Patricia R.
on 10/5/08 4:58 am - Perry, MI
I Pmd. you my experience with Risperdal.  I recommend you go with your psychiatrist's recommendation.  It is worth the try.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

coachjoyce
on 10/5/08 9:34 am
My son took Risperdal and developed Tardive Dyskenesia - look it up and discuss with your doc; most people never get this; we had a doc who was irresponsible and had him on 6mg for several years. My son recently had a drug called Invega that was a variation of Risperdal.

Sadly Risperdal, Effexor and depakote all  can cause weight gain - I was thin before I took Depakote and Effexor - above all, if we need our meds to function we need to take them but I wish I understood the side effects better before I took some of them.
penthilisea
on 11/13/08 11:04 am - Milford, NJ
Risperdal didn;t do anything for me. I take Lexapro, Xanax and seroquel. This deal with depression, anxiety and sleeplessness.

Good luck!
glitter graphicsglitter graphicsglitter graphics

Mal: "Well, my days of taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." "Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt" Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 771 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 995 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1703 views