How much did alcohol..........

mioshi
on 10/3/08 7:55 am - NJ
slow down your weight loss journey?  Did you lose slower?
meloh
on 10/3/08 11:27 am - MN
I regained 30 lbs. when I was drinking. Once I quit drinking I lost 10 lbs in less then a month, 10 more in the next two months. Then  slowly the rest.

I haven't had a drink in nearly a year now. Even if I go through a carb streak I don't really gain weight. I know my weight gain before was completely because of the alcohol messing with my metabolism.

Melanie
mioshi
on 10/4/08 2:12 am - NJ
Me, like a dummy am just starting this journey and having drinks.  Thanks for the info.
meloh
on 10/4/08 1:00 pm - MN
Be really careful. I never thought alcohol could grab hold of me the way that it did. When your insides are rearranged your body reacts completely differently than before. Then add to that the fact that you can't eat the way you did before. You are so early out and are going through a lot of physical changes and also having to deal with a lot of emotional issues. I know I was/am an emotional eater so it was easy for me to move to being an emotional drinker.

Take care of yourself! :)

Melanie
Lalocaweta
on 10/6/08 11:42 am - Spicewood, TX
I ditto the above post.....WHile I did not have my weight loss slowed down by alcohol - I did end up w/ bleeding ulcers aggravated by alcohol and spent nearly a week in the hospital because of the internal bleeding....
It is really, really easy to replace a food addiction w/ an alcohol addiction - I know I did it....And now struggling to get sober...
Curious G.
on 10/7/08 10:12 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I ditto Lalocaweta and others.  I developed ulcers, could not keep food down, got WAY TOO SKINNY and crossed that line into alcoholism.  Dangerous territory.  I recommend looking back through this forum at some of our posts for more info.

Good luck to you on your journey!  Be careful :)
Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 771 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 995 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1703 views