Temptation

Patricia R.
on 9/22/08 12:47 pm - Perry, MI
I am feeling extremely disconnected from my AA program these days.  I still have not found a permanent sponsor, and really need one at this time.  I have not been to a meeting since Wednesday, mainly because of not being able to get out of bed because I have been sick.  Nights have been impossible to get to a meeting due to my crazy schedule. 

Then, there is my intense therapy session, where I am dealing with my vulnerability and feelings about therapy, my therapist and my father all meshed into one complex mess.  This leaves me so tempted to drink to deal with not wanting to be vulnerable in therapy and to go back to being the bad girl who acts out, rather than the hard working patient who is taking care of herself. 

I have an appointment with my psychiatrist Tuesday, and hopefully will get some perspective on that.  I wish I could see my therapist before Friday, but I can't.

Just had to be honest where I am at.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Amy..aka..hottmom
ma

on 9/23/08 10:33 pm
We are only human. We all will have good days and bad days. When I have a good day my phych doctor tells me I am bipolar and I am on my highs and I will crash. Well even people without bipolar has good days and bad days. If I crash I will just look forward to my good days. I am not going to let her kick me down when I am up and feel good about myself. So just look forward to your good days. Good luck to ya and I hope you find a sponsor soon. It is hard for me to trust people. I am kinda scared of people I hate to go anywhere.
Amy

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views