My Morning Meeting

Patricia R.
on 9/17/08 12:48 pm - Perry, MI
I had no intentions of getting up and going to my meeting this morning, because I was sleep exhausted from Monday Night Football one night and then had to work because of Back to School Night Tuesday.  So, I set my alarm for 6:10, giving me enough time to get to work. 

Well, I woke up at 5:10 instead, and was able to get it together and get to my 6:00 a.m. meeting anyway.  We read a story out of the "Came to Believe" book about a person *****alized that recovery was not about him and his strength, but about God doing it in and through Him. 

Then, as during the sharing, several people talked about fear, and that got me to thinking.  Last weekend, I was tempted to drink because of fear and vulnerability that was coming to the surface in my therapy.  I had to admit that I have been running a lot on my own strength lately.  I have not been making the time to really work the steps and turn my day over to God, and pray and meditate like I need to. 

So, by some miracle I have been to two meetings this week, and have been blessed.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 9/17/08 9:46 pm - So. Easton, MA
I hear what you're saying g/f! My day always goes better when I just let God do His/Her thing! :)  For whatever reason, I'm apparently NOT losing my job. (sounds ungrateful I know, but I am interviewing and truly don't like the place)

I've NOT worked my steps, have kept charging small amounts...last night a huge amount to take IN a favorite coat. I'm afraid I'll get to keep my job only a few more months until it's outsourced to India. So in response to the fear factor I keep charging, thinking its' not so bad...I've still got available credit. (crazy, I know!)

Thanks for reminding me of what got me sober in the first place. It WILL get me solvent if I work it.

Many hugs,
Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views