Smoke Free!

Curious G.
on 9/16/08 11:07 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Well it's been a week since I've had a cigarette.  Wow!  I'm extremely pleased with myself.  The physical withdrawal seems to have passed and now I'm left to deal with habitual behavior.  I'm not sure how or why, but it was much easier to quit smoking this time than the last time I did it (many years ago).  I think the difference this time was I have the AA program.  I was telling somebody last night that giving up the smokes was MUCH easier than when I first came into AA and had to give up drinking. 

I kind of worked the steps in a mini fashion with smoking over the last week..  I knew all the ways to be kidn to myself - not getting hungry, angry, lonely, tired.  I knew that the moodiness would pass.  I called people from my home group.  I did other things.  I went to a lot of AA meetings.  I did not smoke ONE DAY AT A TIME no matter what.  That's the chestnut there.  I  ***FINALLY*** get the concept of one day at a time.  Wow!

Well just sharing my triumph!  I will not smoke TODAY no matter what!

Love and light,
Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Patricia R.
on 9/17/08 12:45 am - Perry, MI
Hey Girl,
That is awesome news.  Keep up the Good Work.  I had a social work prof in grad school who told me she went to NA to quit smoking and used the 12 steps and it worked. 

It is great to hear how we can apply the steps in all facets of our lives.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

DarDar
on 9/19/08 5:37 am - exton, PA
Michelle,

That's great!

Hang in there.  I don't smoke, but just about everyone I know that does smoke...wishes they didnt't.  I know this is hard....but I know you can do it!

DarDar
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views