Checking in

Patricia R.
on 9/15/08 2:18 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Everyone,
I finally made my AA meeting this morning.  It was a Big Book meeting where we read the chapter "More on Alcoholism."  It really helped me, as I had been having temptations to drink lately.

I am sick with an earache again, and my family doctor wants me to see an Ear/Nose/Throat doc to see if I need tubes in my ears, as my eustachian tube is not draining properly.

I have an intense week ahead of me with Back to School Night at work on Tuesday night, a mentoring meeting with some women at my church on Wednesday night, and a Bible study at church on Thursday night. 

I stayed up late on Monday to watch the football game, where my Eagles lost to the Cowboys. 

Have a great day.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

DarDar
on 9/16/08 4:24 am - exton, PA
LOL Monday must be the day for meetings...LOL I 'usually' go to one meeting a day M-F. Last night I went to two meetings.  I picked up my friend from work....she was still sober. I took her to a 5:30 meeting.  I just didn't feel like I had enough after the meeting so I told her that she had a choice to make either I just take her home, or I take her to another meeting....Even though she is still using...she opted for another meeting.  It was a good meeting for me...I felt much better after that meeting....however, my friend must have taken some drugs during one of the meetings (in the bathroom) because she was high on the way home....oh well I got what I needed....guess it truly is a selfish program.

DarDar

PS: Sorry Trish....I'm a Steeler gal! LOL
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Patricia R.
on 9/16/08 7:05 am - Perry, MI
Oh DarDar,
At least you did not say you were an Eagles or Giants fan. 

My son grew up in this area, and is now a Steeler fan, because he lives in Pittsburgh and was living with his Steeler fan girlfriend when they went to the SuperBowl and won.  I teased him and said that it must be like a venereal disease, you sleep with a Steelers fan and become one.  He broke up with her since, but all his Pittsburgh friends are Steelers fans, so when they get together during football season, it is drink beer and root for the Steelers time. 

Pittsburgh is a great city, but I would never give up my Eagles. 

Glad to hear you made it to two meetings yesterday. 

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views