~~SPIRITUAL~~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/13/08 10:53 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
09/13
REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
We hear often in The Program that pain is the touchstone of spiritual progress.  We eventually realize that  just as the pains of alcoholism had to come before sobriety, emotional turmoil comes before serenity.  We no longer commiserate with all people who suffer, but only with those who suffer in ignorance -- those who don't understand the purpose and ultimate utility of pain.  In Proust's words, "To goodness and wisdom we make only promises; pain we obey."  DO I BELIEVE THAT PAIN IS GOD'S WAY OF TRYING TO GET MY ATTENTION?

TODAY I PRAY
May I understand the value of pain in my life, especially if I am headed breakneck down a track of self-destruction.  May I know that pain is God's way of flagging down the train I'm on before it gets to a bridge wash-out.  May I be thankful that pain forced me to throw the switch in time.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Pain saves lives.

Click to view full size image

Click to view full size image

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 9/13/08 12:11 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks for this today.  It is exactly where I am at right now.  I will post separately about it.  It is a growth opportunity for me and it is painful.

Huggles,
Trish

P.S.  I love your new avatar.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views