Doing Better

Patricia R.
on 9/7/08 1:20 pm - Perry, MI
I am doing a bit better today.  I had a good day going to a minor league baseball game with my family where we had a suite because there was a concert after the game in memory of my brother.  The weather was glorious today after our dismal rain with Hanna.

I also made my AA meeting first thing this morning and shared about wanting to drink last night.  After I got home from the ball game, I also called my sponsor and talked to her about what was going on briefly.  She is a social worker, and was my supervisor when I did my first social work internship in grad school.  Right now she is only a temporary sponsor.  I am hoping it turns into a permanent relationship.

I have to get to bed.  My Phils lost one of two games to the Mets today, and are now 2 games back in the NL East.    But the Eagles won big time against the Rams. 

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 9/7/08 8:52 pm - Peachtree City, GA
I'm so glad you're feeling better.

All things pass.  Thank God.

I've got to get into working the steps again.  My life is not QUITE as unmanagable as it could be, but I have some heavy duty work to do.

love and light,
Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Patricia R.
on 9/9/08 12:35 pm - Perry, MI
I have some stepwork I need to do, and sure wish I had a regular sponsor to do it with.  I still have an idea of what to do after all these years in 12 step rooms.

Thanks for the support and encouragement. 

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 9/9/08 12:24 pm - So. Easton, MA
I replied to this yesterday...no clue what happened to it, but I wrote something like:  You ROCK!! :)  I'm so glad you're feeling better today!! Glad you made it to your meeting. I baked instead of shopping because the Pats had a nail biter for a 4th qtr.  Today I put $122 in my shopping cart and emptied it completely instead. Tonight the Sox are looking to take over first place in the AL East....If Papelbon doesn't give it away....it's too late to bake now and I'm too tired anyway. 

I need to redo my 12 for the shopping thign BIG TIME. I've really slacked on it. Once I *think* I have a handle on it, I either get soemthing silly on sale (justifying it taht way) or ignore my inner voice telling me NOT to and fool myself into thinking I'm ok.  THAT is my relapse. Thank God I see my therapist on Monday.

I have an interview to call and set up with a bank in Boston. I don't want the hassle of the commute by train into the financial district, but I"m so desperate to get out of skank of america right now that I'm willing to hear them out. If they tell me they use actual paper and nothing is outsourced to India, I swear I'll start to cry. We'll see. If it's meant to be, iti'll be!

Hugs,
Marie

As it is, I have the high Jewish holidays to take off, plus my friend Peter's wedding in Toronto shortly after, so whether I get ths new job or keep the old one, there's no way I can make it to Philly. BUMMER as I would love to catch up with you and meet Ramon!!  XOX

Patricia R.
on 9/9/08 12:34 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Marie,
My Phillies are losing in the 9th and the Mets are in first place for now.  I just got done a chat with some PA people about a book we are all reading that I will post separately about.

Be safe.  Sorry you can't make it to Philly.  Would love to get together with you.  Maybe OH could do a conference in Connecticut and we could meet halfway someday, not that I would not love to go to Boston again someday.  Last time I was in Boston, my 25 year old was in junior high.  We did the Fall foliage in October that year.

Anywho, love you tons.
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views