Why am I crying?

Patricia R.
on 9/6/08 10:55 am - Perry, MI
I had therapy this afternoon, and made some progress in working on my "Daddy" issues with my therapist.  I struggle to allow myself to be vulnerable with my feelings in his office.  I can tell him the most horrific stories about drinking and sex, but I struggle to share my heart with him.  My guard is always up and I get silly and giggle and act hostile usually. 

Well, today, I really worked on opening up, and it was good.  Then, when I got home, I started writing to him, as I usually do this when I get home to process my session.  Well, right in the middle of my writing, I just started getting weepy, and I can't seem to stop.  I feel like I am losing my mind because of it. 

I just have to get to a meeting and share some of this crap.  On the way home, I wanted to act out, cut, eat, and drink.  But, I am not doing that.  I am feeling the feelings of being vulnerable. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 9/6/08 11:51 am - So. Easton, MA
Hey girlfriend,

I am so proud of you for NOT acting out... you still rock!! :D  I woudl not be surprised if the weepiness was a result of opening up more to your therapist. You allowed yourself to be vulnerable...that's a HUGE change for you, right? I know you will find your way to a meeting! I have faith in you!

I'm having a struggle myself...the Red Sox really suck tonight, against the WORST team in the AL, my husband is visiting his son down South and might be hit by Hurricane Hannah, I am feeling the urge to buy something in a chic houndstooth check, but NOTHING (thank God) catches my eye lately.

My saving grace today was spending a lot of time at temple, praying, asking for guidance in how to handle the sitch with him and this trip in a way that won't damage things, and just get through another day (at a time!) without surpassing my credit limit. Sigh...How come some days seem so much easier than others??... :)

Hugs
Marie

Patricia R.
on 9/6/08 12:05 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Marie,
Ironically, I almost cancelled my appointment because I was afraid I might have to drive in Hanna.  My therapist's office is an hour and a half from where I live, in New Jersey, near New York.  Thank God, Hanna arrived just as I was getting home. 

I have lost my appetite, and just feel like getting drunk tonight.  I won't though.  I don't want to give up the progress I have made so far.  All of this progress in therapy has been since my relapse in May, and getting sober in June.  My therapist and I agree that my acting out with the alcohol, sex, food and all that junk is to distract my therapy away from the vulnerable stuff. 

I am so scared right now, especially because I could easily go get a bottle of beer to numb out these feelings that are making me cry.  I just can't verbalize why I am crying. 

Don't shop tonight.  I did it for you.  I have a baby shower to go to in a few weeks for the son of a friend.  He and his twin brother were my son's best friends in high school.  His wife is pregnant, expecting their first child, a boy.  Well, he got his Bachelors and Masters from Penn State, so I went online and bought some Penn State baby stuff for the munchkin in the oven.  He was a wrestler while in college, and played football in high school.

Hang in there.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 9/6/08 12:32 pm - So. Easton, MA
Ok chickie...I won't shop, and you won't drink! :) Have fun at the shower in a few weeks! I am seriously thinking of going to a class at temple tomorrow just to be where I feel "safe"...or at least, safer. I can lose myself there in the topics of conversation, enjoy some wonderful company and then stop and buy more beads before I food shop. (the only shopping I can allow myself lately. The wind is crazy here! Time for me to batten down the hatches before I turn in.

Hugs!
Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views