Where's Telebereth? Other rantings...

PittsburghCutie
on 9/5/08 9:24 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Mike, where you at?

How'd your surgery go? How's things?

Hi hi hi hi people!

Over 7 months sober, life is good, tackling everyday issues, clean and serene. It's all about making the right decisions today. Do I want to go to the bar and have a glass of wine? Absolutely. Am I making the proper decisions and not going. Yes, indeed. Do I want to gobble down multiple xanax just to chill the f out at work and deal with a dying family member? Sure. Am I? No. Have I been trying to figure out how to steal a bottle of wine and/or some vike's/oxy's out of my inlaws house? Yes. I even went as far as opening one of the RX bottles(I hope my husband doesn't read this). However, I didn't.

It's all about making the right decisions today. It's about not ruining 7 months of hard freaking work to stay completely sober. It's knowing, that I will pass those random drug/alchy tests at my new job(which I actually kind of dig). It's about doing the right thing...Today.

Everything I've learned about being sober, I utilize everyday, in every day situations. I've been blessed and am extremely greatful for the things I have today, not for the things I don't have.

Be good people, and stay sober-
Liz

Ps-I've noticed my addictions transferring again...Carbs and aerobics classes. They both seem to be canceling themselves out...no weightloss in almost 3 weeks.
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
Patricia R.
on 9/5/08 11:13 am - Perry, MI
Liz,
I am so glad you posted.  I been missing you.  I am also glad you are staying clean and sober these days.  Keep working your program and choosing the next right thing.  I just celebrated my 90 days sober on Monday.  Then, today, I had thoughts of getting a bottle of wine.  Go figure.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 9/6/08 11:39 am - So. Easton, MA
Hey!!  THERE you are!! Been hoping you'd post! Glad to see you're doing so well! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! It takes pure guts to fight the seduction of our addictions and you are doing an AMAZING job!! Mazel Tov and BIG HUGS!!

Marie

P.s...try adding more protein to help you start losing. All the carbs and cancelling it out with aerobics means you need straight protein. When I lifted I'd have a protein shake post-workout to help put back what I sweated out....:) I've been a couch slug lately, so more power to you!!

Telbereth
on 9/10/08 10:39 am - SW , MO
Hey there Liz!!!

Sorry about being gone for so long, seems like things just keep getting in the way of responding. 10 days in Florida, get home and dealing with normal postop things and then my computers have been going down like dominos. Tear apart 2 to get one to work and then the next goes down so I spend more time fixing than I do getting on.

Everything is going ok, just trying to figure out what I can eat and what my body wants. Main problem is I still get awfully tire by the afternoon. It's been helpful that I've been off work but that ends on Monday when i'm back to full time and already have a full slate of meetings lined up from day 1.

Tomorrow will be 4 months for me and luckily I've been so busy that I really haven't had much time for desires so that's been good. Not to say there haven't been cravings, just they are still frightening instead of salivating.

Congrats on your 7 months. I've missed talking to you and will try not to be such a stranger.

Mike
Beginning My Real Life

A Work in Progress

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety