Share your mental health questions and issues

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/08 3:30 am - Vacaytown, HI
I thought it would be nice to have a thread where you can share your struggles, questions and anything else you want to say regarding your mental health.  I know I have struggled with depression, anxiety and PTDS.  I feel so much better when I share my thoughts, fears and triumphs.  So do you want to share?  Jess
Patricia R.
on 9/1/08 5:33 am - Perry, MI
My issues have been in the area of fear of abandonment and low self-esteem.  I have suffered from borderline personality disorder, binge eating disorder, alcoholism, and bipolar disorder. 

I no longer have the borderline personality, but still struggle with the other three.  With the borderline personality came anxiety, and depression.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/08 5:43 am - Vacaytown, HI
Sometimes what I was told you can get the "I hate you dont leave me" syndrome.  The fear can get to the point where you test people on their love and are not always nice.  Then you get scared they will leave... and on goes the cycle.  I have problems with control of my feeling with the PTSD but its getting better day to day.  I had anorexia... so that was the ED I got from the trauma I went through. 
The alcoholism is tough to beat... I dont know if you go to 12 step but thats a good place to start.  I have leared that sometimes we addict to things like food, drugs, alcohol to numb the pain.  The route I went was the anorexia to numb my pain and have the control I needed. 
I am glad you shared and if you need support please PM me.  Jess
Patricia R.
on 9/1/08 6:35 am - Perry, MI
I did have the "I hate you don't leave me" problem, and it ruined my marriage.  I have been involved with AA for 19 years, but only have 3 months of sobriety today.  I had relapsed a few times, the most recent being from December to June.

I was in treatment twice for my eating disorder, and met a lot of women who suffered from all the eating disorders, including anorexia and bulimia.  I did a lot of purging at one point in my struggles, and it ruined my stomach and my teeth. 

I did the addiction thing to numb a lot of pain, and am learning in therapy and my 12 step program, to find other ways to heal that pain.

Thanks for the support.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/08 8:27 am - Vacaytown, HI
Sure thing Trish.... Congrads on 3 months... we will get there!  Jess
JewelKat13
on 9/2/08 11:26 am - Phoenix, NY
  Congratulations on the 3 months!.....

From one friend of Bill W. to another.....Be Well

JK

X - - - - -[ .JewelKat. ♥  ]- - - - - X
avatar made by ` s h i m i`. she loves her momma.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views