3 month anniversary

Patricia R.
on 8/31/08 10:09 pm - Perry, MI
Greetings Everyone,
I went to my 6 a.m. AA meeting this morning and received my 3 month anniversary coin.  Hard to believe it was three months ago that I put down the bottle, again.  I pray this one is for keeps.

I have to vent about something that is more Al-Anon than AA related.  I am having some issues with my son, Sean.  I supported him through the beginning of his college life, while he was on heroin, and flunking out.  It was my obligation to spend a certain amount of money on his college education according to my divorce decree. 

After he got off heroin, he took up drinking, as it was at least legal.  He had been behaving, or appearing to behave, in a mature, responsible manner for a few years.  Well, I got a call from a former landlord of his last week to inform me that he owed 2 months rent, and that they wanted to take me to court because my name had been on his first lease with them.  Then, I learned that my credit union took $244 from my private checking account and placed it in his joint account we have to reconcile a negative balance in his.  Then, I learn he did not get his student loans co-signed, and that his father may not co-sign after all. 

That would not be as upsetting if he had a phone, but his cell phone was turned off due to not paying his bill.  He spent the summer helping his roommate start a software business, and did not earn a cent of money in a job. 

To say I am furious would be an understatement. 

At my AA meeting, a friend suggested I attend an Al-Anon meeting.  I am considering it. 

I just had to vent.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Kitty Kat
on 9/2/08 2:34 am - Richmond, VA
Hi Trish!

CONGRATS on your 3 month anniversary coin! That's FANTASTIC! Glad to hear it FOR KEEPS!

I am sure the struggles with your son are something terrible to contend with. Maybe give him the chance to explain his side of things. For me, hearing things from the source is incredibly important. I would definitely pursue the Al-Anon meeting if you think it will help you in helping him. He's got to want to help himself as well.

All best!

Kitty Kat - Lap RNY 29th Jan 03
Blessed Momma to Kayla & Nora
Sober since 25th Aug 07 
www.the-butterfly-chronicles.blogspot.com
Thankful for the easy, grateful for the hard & hopeful for tomorrow.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views