~SPIRITUAL~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/27/08 9:38 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

AUGUST 28

"Prayer does not change God," wrote Soren Kierkegaard, "but it changes him who prays."  Those of us in The Program who've learned to make regular use of prayer would no more do without it than we'd turn down sunshine, fresh air, or food--and for the same reason.  Just as the body can wither and fail for lack of noursihment, so can the soul.  We all need the light of God's reality, the nourishment of His strength, and the atmosphere of His grace.  DO I THINK GOD FOR ALL THAT HE HAS GIVEN ME, FOR ALL THAT HE HAS TAKEN AWAY FROM ME, AND FOR ALL HE HAS LEFT ME?

TODAY I PRAY
Dear H.P.:  I want to thank you for spreading calm over my confusion, for making the jangled chords of my human relationships harmonize again, for putting together the shattered pieces of my Humpty Dumpty self, for giving me as a sobriety present a whole great expanded world of marvels and opportunities.  May I remain truly Yours, Yours truly.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Prayer, however simple, nourishes the soul.

Click to view full size image

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views