DEPRESSED/DISAPPOINTED

Patricia Hagmaier
on 8/26/08 1:53 pm - Wehonah, NJ
ISome of you know our financial situation, for those of you who do not here is a quick run down.

I was FIRED from my job in Oct last year due to complications from my surgery/illegal use of my FMLA Time (on their part). I did not sue them because my husband and I worked for the same
company in the same department and I did not want to jepordize our only means of support

My husband was violently ill for a year and half in large part, we thought, because of chronic kidney stones. It turnes out it was misdiagnosed and he had Graves disease(hyperthyroidism) and type 2 diabetes,
which in turn resulted in him being fired in January of this year because he has used all his time including his FMLA and was too sick to work.

He has spent literally 8 hours a day on this stupid computer putting in resumes...no job yet and only 11 weeks left on his unemployment comp
I am awaiting approval on my extension so we are a family of 5, 3 of which are 19, 17, 17 living on a little under 1800 a month
It may sound like a lot to some, but our electric bill alone with all we can do to minimize it is over 500 a month.
We have NO HEALTH INSURANCE AND MEDS BETWEEN ALL ARE OVER 1000 a month.
Somehow we still have to pay all our bills and we are slowly getting to the point where we cannot stay in our home and will have to move in with family.

Anyway, when signing up for school, I was presumtuous and did not take into account that I would be commuting 50 miles a day at 20 miles a gallon plus tolls of 4 dollars a day
That is more than 500 a month so there is no way, given our cir****tances that I can, in good judgement take this on right now. It would be completely financially irresponsible
and that is one area my husband and I are working on desperately. Is to get out of that mindset that we can add this to our lives and God will provide.

I as I am sure with othes struggled greatly with finances my entire life and was never taught how to handle or respect Gods money.
I have come to realize, at the tender age of 40 that it is not blind faith to add bills into my life expecting God to provide,
but to take what we are given or make and life in contentment with what we have. Then and only then can we ever expect to be given
more w/more responsibility.

I feel like an idiot that it has taken me this long to learn this, but on the bright side atleast I am not 65 or 70 learning this too late.

So I am very disappointed that I won't be able to do this and my husband is devestated and is struggleing with guilt and shame
because he feels as though he has bruoght this all on us.

I covet your deep prayers for our family, for employment, health care, housing, food, enough to pay our bills and care for our children. I have two kids graduating from
high school this year and with that brings a lot of expenses.

Anyway, I am so grateful you are all here and that I can turn to you and not food, because 2 years ago I would, whether we had the money or not, run to the store and grab as many
donuts and candy as I could to deal with this.
Please also keep in your prayers every other family in this same situation, because unfortuneately there are millions of us.

I love you all
Trish
Michigan G.
on 8/26/08 2:04 pm - Fruitport,, MI
I am so sorry you and you family has to endure all of this.  I pray that something good comes out of it and  your needs are all met.
Hugs to you all

MichiganG

jobs.steve
on 8/26/08 3:14 pm - phoenix, TX
Hai I read this your story really I am crying after completion of this story really this is heart touchable story. Your financial situation is also poor. Every body at anytime in their life depression will occur disappointment also will occur in life at anytime in humen beings.  Deffenatly I pray god for you.
======================================
Jobs.steve
New Mexico Drug Addiction
honey031
on 8/26/08 4:50 pm - Dallas, TX
I am so very sorry for all that you are going through. I know it is often hard to reach out for help from the goverment but have you tried the health and human services, you should be able to get medicaid (insurance) and food assistance(Foodstamp card). With such a large family it is worth a try.
Curious G.
on 8/26/08 8:50 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Big hugs and prayers going up. 

God/the Universe is not telling you "no", she's just telling you "not yet".  I've been in your situation.  I'm a single mother of three.  I work in the IT industry.  After 9/11 I lost my job and our house was foreclosed upon.  That was one of the darkest depressions of my life, but it was also the GREATEST thing that could have happened to me, although of course I did not see it that way at the time.  Those cir****tances brought about some wonderful changes for my kids and me.  And it put me in the position to accept an even BETTER job (albeit several months later), and move back to where my parents and support system were.

In retrospect, I'm much more financially secure AND happier now than I would have been had I stayed in that job and that house I was struggling to afford.  I'm being very honest.  I couldn't have even imagined it in my wildest dreams.

The Universe is self-correcting.  This I promise.  All you have to do is the foot work and be open to opportunities to cope and better your situation.  Don't let fear and pride stand in your way.  You ***WILL** get through this - I promise.  Make sure to take some time for self-care too!  School will come in it's right time.  I had to postpone finishing my degree for about 5 years, but I've JUST enrolled for Fall semester to finish my BS finally - All things in "His" time - right?  More big hugs!

Love and light,
Michelle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

marieh
on 8/26/08 9:31 pm - So. Easton, MA
Trish,

I will keep your family and those in a similar way in my prayers as you've asked. This too, shall pass. My husband was out of work waiting on a settlement for two years. We had a small child at the time. Moved in iwth family, rebuilt just as you're doing now. It will get better. Trust in God.  This IS your life lesson for right now, and you're right where you should be.  If life were always easy, the lessons would never mean as much.  This is not easy to go through by any means, and you are one strong woman to carry your family through it.

Hugs and prayers coming your way!

Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views