~SPIRITUAL~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/21/08 9:53 pm, edited 8/21/08 10:10 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

AUGUST 22

REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
So often, in the past, we prayed for "things," or favoring cir****tances, or a thousand requests that were really selfish in nature.  I've learned in The Program that real prayer begins -- not ends -- in asking God to change me.  In fact, that's exactly what the Seventh Step suggests: Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.  We ask God for help through His grace, and the amazing thing is that such a prayer is answered if we truly want it to be.  Our own wills are so much a required part of the result that it seems almost as if we had done it.  But the help from God is even more necessary; without Him, we couldn't possibly have done it alone.  HAVE I ASKED GOD TO HELP ME CHANGE MYSELF?

TODAY I PRAY  
May I learn to pray broadly -- that God's will be done, that God remove my shortcomings.  No need to specify what these shortcomings are;  God who knows all, knows.  May I learn that details are not necessary in my praying.  All that matters is my humility and my faith that God, does indeed, have the Power to change my life.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER 
I ask God to change me.

Click to view full size image

Click to view full size image

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views