Back from Baltimore

marieh
on 8/20/08 9:33 pm - So. Easton, MA

I had quite the blast in Baltimore! I love that city! Lots of fun, things to do, a great sports stadium (or two!) and the home of Michael Phelps...what's not to love? LOL... I got an ab workout from laughing hard for three days straight!! :) The Sox won the game we went to, and my sister is already making plans for a 2009 "Rabid Sox Fan Fest" to Toronto. (whenever we get the new schedule). 

I just read Trish's post about Olympic fever. I have had similar epiphanies about the changes I've made in my one year out so far. Change is inspiring in itself!! I just rejoined my 'home' temple, choosing to get closer to my Higher Power. I've made a choice to change stylists because for once I'm putting ME first. I'm the type that will rearrange my entire life to make someone else's more convenient. I finally believe that I'm worth my own efforts! (yay for me!) I saw my shrink yesterday...I was bowled over to realize I said "I'm HAPPY" out loud!! TWICE!!! LOL. Job still sucks and is going to India in under 18 months...(a collective guess, no admission from the powers that be just yet). I'm still looking at job possibilities and am fortunate to have one while I look for a different one!  Count those blessings!! :)

Hugs,
Marie

Patricia R.
on 8/21/08 2:40 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Marie,
Glad you had a good trip to Baltimore.  I have yet to actually visit there, but have driven through on the way to Washington plenty of times. 

Glad to hear you are working through the job situation with a positive attitude.  I am certain you will find a new job in God's time.  Just keep plugging away, and putting your resume out there.  I went through a year of unemployment and learned so much during it. 

I am hanging in there.  I need to get back on track with my meeting attendance, have not been to one in over a week.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views