Checking in

Patricia R.
on 8/16/08 2:26 pm - Perry, MI
Hi there,
I have been AWOL for a while.  I went to Michigan last weekend to visit my daughter and granddaughter, and had a blast.  I so wish I could live out there. 

While in Pittsburgh visiting my son, on the way there, I had the opportunity to attend a women's AA meeting.  It was an excellent meeting. 

I just wanted to let you all know I am alive and well, sober still, and trying to get the eating under control.  My psychiatrist put me back on Naltrexone to help with the sugar cravings, and snacking I have been doing.  It has helped me most of today, but tonight it started to wear off. 

Have a blessed Sunday.

huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 8/18/08 9:43 pm - Peachtree City, GA
hey Trish!

It was good to read your update.  You sound pretty darned good!

What is Naltrexone exactly?  Is it in the same family as Wellbutrin?

My eating is crazy.  Thank goodness I still can't eat a LOT at one time, but the grazing is getting pretty bad.  My therapist is having me do a daily schedule to help me with the procrastination and help me focus on daily goals.  I think I'm going to incorporate the "back to every 3 hours with 6-8 oz food" rule for a few days and see how I feel.

Getting better is hard work!

Love ya!
Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Patricia R.
on 8/21/08 2:33 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Michelle,
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.  I was away, visiting Mom who has no computer, and no cable.  Talk about withdrawal.

Naltrexone is a drug that inhibits the effectivenss of opiates, which is often used with drug addicts because it basically makes their drug use ineffective.  It has been found to curb the cravings of alcoholics and people with binge eating disorder.  I was on it when I was in eating disorder treatment, and it helped tremendously.  Since I have been on it, I have been able to curb my sugar intake, though not eliminate it completely. 

My psychiatrist put me back on it after I begged him to do so last week.

Hang in there.

Love you,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

rocky023
on 8/22/08 3:23 pm - phoniex, AZ
Hi,
This is jeeny, i want to my opinion now a days so many dieaeses are ocured and many people are die so please be alret about those dieaseses.
=======================================================================
jee

Iowa Drug Addiction
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety