Beijing Olympic Fever

Patricia R.
on 8/16/08 10:31 pm - Perry, MI
This might be considered off-topic, but let's see.

I never really got into the Olympics, except to watch a few events here and there.  However, I love to study China, as I have taught a lot about it in my classes and have even had several of my classes learn Chinese language and culture in years past.  BUT, this year, I am hooked on the Olympics, and, can I say, inspired.  The amount of effort and determination that these athletes put into their dream has just given me new life. 

Last night, I was thrilled to see Michael Phelps win the 8th gold medal.  Watching his mom interviewed this morning on the Today Show was motivational for me because she said that she saw his determination as he went for his goal over the past four years.  I thought, have I given my goals that much determination and effort?  Not really.  But, I can start today, and see where I am at the next Olympics. 

So, I am just letting the world know that I am starting anew this week.  I look back to my surgery two years ago this month and see the changes I made in two years.  I have a dream of where I would like to be in 2012, during the next Olympics.  Who knows, maybe I will actually go to the Olympics to celebrate the newer me.  The sky is the limit.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views