I am new to this

Wendy D.
on 8/6/08 1:57 pm - Fort Irwin, CA
I came across this site when I was researching my surgon that I was refered to. I am not sure where to start or where to begin actually. I have fought my weight for so long it just became a part of my daily life until about a yr ago we found out that I have sever arthritis in my back and the weight has made it so much worse than it should be. I can't lift my 22lb daughter and that kills me. I really just want my life back and be able to play with my kids and do things with them that a mother should. I am really nervous bout this process but am also optimistic, I have tried so many things to take off the weight without surgery and nothing has worked. Anyways my name is Wendy and I live in Fort Irwin, Ca where my husband is currently stationed. I am 26 almost 27 and have 3 beautiful children. Its nice to meet you all and from what I have gone through so far of this site I do believe this is going to be very helpful, informative and supportive at the same time.

Hugs!!!!

Wendy

clr4tkoff
on 8/7/08 2:02 am - MI
Welcome Wendy. It is great you are starting your journey to great life.
What surgery are you looking to have?

I am 9 weeks post-op from VSG.
LD
Wendy D.
on 8/7/08 4:05 am - Fort Irwin, CA
Thats a good question actually but I am not sure. I meet with the surgon next week so I will discuss all my options with him then. I it just so overwhelming right now. My biggest hurddle at this point is going to be quitting smoking but I go today to these class they have here on post. Hopefully this will help, the doctor hasn't told me as of yet that I need to quit but I have read so much about it that I am gonna push myself to quit before the doctor tells me anything.
Patricia R.
on 8/7/08 2:28 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Wendy,
Welcome to OH.  It can be overwhelming finding the right surgery, and making all the changes necessary to make the surgery a success.  Quitting smoking is very important, as you mentioned in your other post.  During surgery and afterward, breathing is extremely important, and you will need to have your lungs as clean as possible.  Plus, depending on your surgery, smoking post-op could affect your recuperation.

Feel free to ask any and all questions.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views