3 days and the sponsor hunt.

Patricia R.
on 8/1/08 1:42 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Peeps,
In addition to my 2 months of sobriety, I have 3 days without sugar.  Right now, the sugar is the huge accomplishment.  I have been implementing my relaxation techniques, exercise and prayer and meditation.

I am discouraged about one thing though.  I have been on a search for a new permanent sponsor, because mine is not available time wise to give me what I need concerning phone calls and step work.  Every woman I have asked is unavailable.  They all sponsor a bunch of women already.  I am looking for someone around my age, basically over 40 would do, plus with a lot of sobriety, because I need someone who has been in the rooms a long time.  All the women I have asked are more than willing to have me call them, just not available as sponsors.  ARGH!  I know this is a God thing, and that I have to trust Him to show me who is the right person, but I have been on this quest since my relapse. 

Well, I am just sharing what is going on with me this week.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 8/2/08 10:39 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Trish,

I belong to e-aa.org, and there's a women's weekly email based AA meeting.  We also have a list of women who are willing to sponsor people in the program.  (via phone obviously if nobody is in your area).  In lieu of NO sponsor, this might be an option for you.

Here's the link:  http://e-aa.org/talk.php  .  There are real-time chat meetings, but the discussion forums and mailing lists are what I utilize most.

love ya!
Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Patricia R.
on 8/3/08 10:43 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Michelle,
I will check it out.  I surely am discouraged these days about this.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Corgi Mom !.
on 8/3/08 10:37 pm - sunny, FL
Trish

Totally understand  Wish I could help it is either food or Alcohol with me so I am no help with you just wanted to thank you for you thoughts and the posts I really do appreciate you thinking of me gosh I sure am alone right now...Keep up the good get awa from the bad and keep on keepin on
Corgi Mom
RNY
3/16/05
287/129  bmi 20.2 height  5'7"
Loss is good Maintanance is GREAT
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
Patricia R.
on 8/3/08 10:44 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks for the encouragement.  I am going to keep on keeping on.  One day at a time.  As long as I do not drink today, it is a good day.

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views