Why can I

Corgi Mom !.
on 7/27/08 11:28 pm - sunny, FL
I have two days a week off and I act like an ass I drink usually or just dont do anything.  On my working days I am responsible and on the ball and my husband is really pissed about this.  I understand I feel like I am blowing off steam I dont know any more Help
Corgi Mom
RNY
3/16/05
287/129  bmi 20.2 height  5'7"
Loss is good Maintanance is GREAT
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
RHONDA FROM KY
on 7/27/08 11:33 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

in MO.. YOU can do anything you want..  

The only requirement in AA.. is the desire to not drink.  YOU have to want that yourself in order to quit. 

So.. what is it that YOU want?

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Telbereth
on 7/29/08 3:53 am - SW , MO
Because without the job you couldn't get the booze so a job is usually higher priority than anything other than the booze.  Therefore your family falls below those 2 in your priority.
Beginning My Real Life

A Work in Progress

Patricia R.
on 7/29/08 9:30 am - Perry, MI
When you decide you want to behave responsibly and soberly those two days, and change your day off behaviors, there is help available for you in AA.  Until then, you will keep doing what you are doing, probably expecting a different result each time. 

Instead of blowing off steam, why don't you try an AA meeting.  I am also learning self-soothing techniques to avoid the need to blow off steam.  It is possible to relax without alcohol.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views