Needing Support

Patricia R.
on 7/27/08 12:11 pm - Perry, MI
I have been AWOL from my AA  meetings lately due to being sick, and needing support big time. The one AA meeting I did make last week was a bit of a dud.  The result is that I have been posting like a mad woman on this forum, but for some strange reason, the support is lacking for me on my posts.    I am coming up on 60 days, and hoping to make my meeting on Monday, as Wednesday will be my 60 days.  This weekend, I had thoughts of going back out and saying "F*** it" to sobriety.  I had been at the beach, and in a town with a lot of bars, and there were a lot of young people, and a lot of rowdiness, and all that stuff that went with my youth.  Fortunately, I was not alone, and I am well spiritually connected this weekend.  The thoughts came and went, praise God. 

I just thought I would let you all know I am feeling kind of needy lately, hence all my posts. 
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 7/27/08 11:29 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

((((Trish))) if it helps.. whenever I'm around that type of *scene* bars.. rowdiness.. I think I'll always think back to my hey-day... heck .. it was fun.  BUT.. I then think of the last of the days that were not so fun.. and I KNOW that is where my first drink will take me..

to where I left off.. not where I began..  POST AWAY TRISH.. POST AWAY..

We are all here for each other..

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 7/28/08 1:05 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Rhonda,
I am on an emotional roller coaster big time.  My alarm clock did not go off, so I missed my meeting this morning.  I was late for work too.  At my therapy session, I finally learned a relaxation technique I love, and want to do more.  Guided Imagery.  But, doing it with my therapist left me feeling extremely vulnerable and uncomfortable afterward.  I feel safe wtih him, I just hate feeling so darn vulnerable with anyone.  Make sense?  So, on the way home, I bought some Frosted Mini Wheats.  Understand that the guided imagery was to help me relax so I would NOT eat sugar.  Are we seeing a pattern? 

I appreciate your support.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 7/28/08 12:33 am - Peachtree City, GA
Sending hugs.

I was in Seattle for a week - missed meetings too, and lots of drinking going on around me (we geeks seem to like to party at these events).  I know how those head squirrels get to running around.

Feel free to shoot me an email anytime or if you use any instant messengers, I'm on most all of them and due to the nature of my work, I'm by a pc more than I am not.

Love you girl,
Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Patricia R.
on 7/28/08 1:08 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Michelle,
My squirrels are really out there tonight.  I had a great therapy session, but got all screwy on the way home.  I am like a mad woman right now, feeling really out of control.  Trying to give up the sugar is harder than giving up the darn alcohol at times.  Too many people, places and things for me. 

I missed my meeting this morning because my alarm did not go off AGAIN.  Of course, I am too ashamed to call my sponsor and tell her what is going on, so she probably thinks I am in relapse again, or just saying "F it" to the program, as tempting as that is at times.

Oh no, I am babbling again. 

I am going to PM you with my e-mail address.

Huggles and tons of love,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 7/29/08 11:31 am - So. Easton, MA
Trish,

Give your sponsor a call (and a chance)...:)  Remember the glass is half full! You did NOT drink. :) I'm so proud of you for that!! I didn't hit the board yesterday hon, otherwise I'd have posted immediately! Don't give up! You're a strong, vital woman and you are on a roll!!

Hugs,
Marie

Patricia R.
on 7/29/08 12:23 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Marie,
I am trying to keep my lips above the water line, and not be so needy.  Problem is, I feel like such a putz for not being able to get out of bed for my meeting lately.  I am definitely making my meeting on Wednesday, because I will have 60 days then.

Huggles and tons of love,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

timsdanni
on 7/30/08 11:14 am - Ft Stewart, GA
just my 2 cents but since I have been around AA most of my life between parents, myself and hubby

CALL YOUR SPONSER and ask her to give you a call for those early morning mettings - you NEED them

peace
danni
and congrates of 60 days - I know it's not easy but it is sooooo worth it
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views