~~SPIRITUAL~~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 7/25/08 10:07 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

DEDICATED TO FRIENDS IN THE PROGRAM AND MY HIGHER POWER.. I THANK YOUS AND LOVE YOUS

JULY 26
REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Now that I avail myself of the letters H-O-W suggested by friends in The Program - Honesty, Open-Mindedness, Willingness - I see things differently from the person I was before coming to The Program, I feel good most days.  I seldom feel bad, and never for long.  Certainly never as bad as I used to feel all of the time.  IS MY WORST DAY NOW INFINITELY BETTER THAN MY BEST DAY PREVIOUSLY?

TODAY I PRAY
May I remember today to say "thank you" to my Higher Power, to my friends in the group and to the whole, vast fellowship of recovering chemically dependent persons for making me know that things do get better.  I give thanks, too, for those verbal boosters, the tags and slogans which have so often burst into my brain at exactly the moments when they were needed, redefining my purpose, restoring my patience, reminding me of my God.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
How it was.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And today I do give thanks to all that is mentioned above.  Altho I have not *needed* to hit AA meetings like many people have in order to stay sober.. I do know that I MUST have God in my life.. and I MUST share my experience with others.. and to keep it honest.   Some days when I look and see patterns of stress.. sadness.. anxiety in my life I ask myself when was the last time that God and I had a conversation...   and it may have been a little while, or at least not that day.  When I am at my most serene is when I am the closest to Him.. I pour out my problems.. and pray the Serenity Prayer.. and I am at peace again. 

And when I think that I may ever have the urge to test my drinking...   I do remind myself of how it was.. and that my life is so very much more happier now.. so I have no need to test what I know will only bring me sadness and suffering.  I do not need to live that way.. and won't  Go to any lengths to stay sober..

http://www.cptryon.org/prayer/special/serenity.html

HUGS WITH LOVE

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views