One Day Without Sugar

Patricia R.
on 7/22/08 10:15 am - Perry, MI
Well, I had not been to an AA meeting in six days, till today.  The meeting I went to sucked.  Well, I guess I should not be so harsh, but I needed a good meeting today, and I didn't get that.  But, a meeting is better than none. 

I have been struggling with sugar for seven months now, and I gave am trying to go sugar free today.  I found that I can get away with a little bit of sugar, like the Burger King Cini Minis don't make me dump.  Donuts make me dump, but not the CiniMinis. 

In my last therapy session, I made the connection that I started eating sugar, and dumping even, when I first relapsed with the alcohol in December.  I have now been sober since June 1st, but unable to get off the sugar.  Now, I am trying to get off the sugar.  It is so darn hard.  My weight is stuck, in fact the other night I had a feeding frenzy with cereal.  Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats.  In addition to the sugar, they have 6 grams of fiber.  Talk about regularity. 

I have my two year surgery check up in one month, and I am no where near my goal weight.  In fact, I am 20 pounds heavier than my surgery weight in December when I had my hernia surgery.  I feel like such a surgery failure/loser at times. 

Then, I get really pissy in my mood.  The apartment complex I live in has a pool club.  I pay $65 to join it.  The lifeguard, some hormonal teenager, is not guarding the pool, but playing in it with two bimbo teenage girls, laughing and dunking and having a grand old time.  He did this last year, and I reported it to the complex's office then.  So, I got pissed and left the pool, dripping wet, and went to the office and told the office manager about it.  I reminded her that I had complained last year about it as well.  Then, this evening, some teenagers parked their cars in my parking lot and hung out there, as they do every evening.  They litter when they do this.  I called the cops and reported them.  I pay over $1000 a month to live in a luxury complex.  I hate when kids treat it like a slum.  The cops chased them away.

So, my sugar withdrawal has me in a really foul mood, and I am not feeling very charitable. 

Just needed to share where I am at tonight. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views