Tiny Baby steps

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/08 4:52 am
Well.......I found a AA meeting that meets on Sundays close to home.  I am going to go.  I can't believe it and hope I don't chicken out.  But I'm starting to realize that I need this more than ever.
Patricia R.
on 7/22/08 7:16 am - Perry, MI
Good for you.  Don't be afraid to go...remember, every single one of those people were once feeling as you do, afraid and not sure of what they were going to experience when they got to their first meeting.  You will see a lot of people who will hopefully greet you warmly, and introduce themselves to you.  There will most likely be coffee there.  Hang around after the meeting and get women's phone numbers.  Ask for a meeting list as well.

I have been in AA for 19 years, and remember feeling terrified going into my first meeting.  Now, AA is like home to me.  No matter where I am in this country, I can attend an AA meeting, and feel at home there.  I have attended AA meetings in my home state, in Maryland, and in Michigan, and been welcomed there warmly. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/08 8:34 am
Thanks!!!!  I also forgot to mention that I'm talking to my pcp on Thursday morning about it too.
marieh
on 7/23/08 9:13 pm - So. Easton, MA
You're on the right track!! I remember the terror I felt when one medical advisor told me to try to stop on my own with AA, or we'd talk Detox.  Scared the bejeesus outta me! But it was what I needed to hear, and thank G-d I listened. 

You'll be fine! The first five minutes of any new relationship are the most awkward. After that, let things happen. There are so many meetings available now! :) Keep the list posted and let us know how you find the meeting on Sunday!

Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views