5 days post op and a bit depressed...

BillieC
on 7/18/08 3:34 am - Laurens, SC
I can't stand the thought of eating anything.  All I want is water.  I'm home alone with nobody to talk to.  I've tried reading, watching TV, computer games, etc.  I was with my husband every second of the time he was in the hospital with his heart surgery.  He was with me for about 8 hours total of the 3 1/2 days I spent in the hospital with this surgery.  He has post-traumatic stress disorder from his heart surgery so I try to be understanding but I really just want to have him hold my hand and be still for a while.

Meanwhile, I know MOST of the problem is that I CANNOT get down those crushed up pills so I haven't had my Zoloft in a week now.  I need it really badly.

I'm sorry.  I know people don't need to hear my sob story but I want to feel better because of this surgery...not worse!
Cate48
on 7/18/08 3:58 am - West Covina, CA
HI

Just a fellow friend, I know how hard this can be.... smash up that zoloft and take it ...even if you have to rub it into the inside of your cheeks... this surgery is hard and you need your wits about you... just my advice.  write me if you need to talk...
cate 48
marieh
on 7/18/08 4:57 am - So. Easton, MA

Think about what your priorities are for you this week, hon. Crush those pills to a powder and take them in some of your protein drink. You NEED those meds for your well being!  Once you're over this immediate hurdle, you can decide if you want to talk support issues to your hubby. In a few days it may not feel as glaringly desperate as it does right this minute. Men are not the sensitive beings we women are as a rule, so he may not have any idea that this hurts your feelings! My husband was home with me for a day or so, then right back to his own schedule. Ours is very different as a new post-op! Please feel free to email me if you need to vent!! :)

Marie

bernadette
on 7/18/08 5:58 am - Visalia, CA
Billie,

I know the last thing you want to hear is "This too shall pass."  But it will.  Once your weight starts to drop off, and you can start eating a better variety of food, you're going to be so excited about the changes you'll see everyday.

To get you thru the "now", think about the future.  Picture yourself a year from now, when you're skinny and eating healthfully and glowing and happy.  How will your marriage be then?  How will your husband treat you then?  Think about your new wardrobe and the envy of your friends and family.  Hey, today may seem like the end of the world...but the good news is, you are at the very beginning of a journey, where every step that is taken from this point on brings you closer and closer to your goal.  Not just for your weight, but for your well-being, your marriage, your health, and your confidence.

Hang in there - it WILL get better.

Bernadette

206/128/128

Patricia R.
on 7/18/08 6:09 am - Perry, MI
Crush your pills, and swallow them in some protein drink.  Take a walk, and sip some water.  Be grateful you have a husband, even if he is only there for a few hours a day.  My husband left me and I went through this surgery without the support of a loving man at all.  It is possible to do it.  I take antidepressants and anti-psychotics, and I was determined to take my meds during my recovery.

This is just one hurdle, and you will get past it. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views