60 Days Sober!

TrishR05
on 7/3/08 12:27 am - North Branford, CT
6 years post op on may 31st...60 days sober yesterday...though my during my weightloss journey I never expected alcoholism to happen as a result. Throught all the attempts to get sober during 4 of the lat 6 years I am a GRATEFUL AA'er who was proud to announce my 60 days of sobriety at my home AA meeting yesterday.....I thank God every day that I have the wonderful people in the AA rooms to support and cheer me on....Trish
Patricia R.
on 7/3/08 11:51 am - Perry, MI
Congratulations on your sobriety anniversary.  60 days is great.  I am almost 2 years post-op, and was 6 years sober when I relapsed in December.  I now have 33 days of sobriety.  AA is my lifeline.  Without it, I am lost.   Keep posting and telling us how you are doing.  We need your experience, strength and hope. Hugs, Trish Reilly
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

TrishR05
on 7/7/08 6:43 am - North Branford, CT
Congrats on your over 1 month sobriety from one Trish to another!!  Today is day 65....the 4th of July was really hard...it was a challenge, I had to leave a family picnic within one hour b/c others drinking was too hard for me to handle...my sponsor and other A.A.'s were proud that I made the right choice..I am too...LET"S KEEP GOING!!!!!
marieh
on 7/4/08 6:06 am - So. Easton, MA
Trish, 60 days is such an awesome accomplishment!! Good for you!! Keep up the great work!!  Hugs, Marie

fairsherryrn
on 7/5/08 2:20 am - Miami, FL
I am so happy for you, and proud of you amazing accomplishment. I am to celebrate 9 years of sobriety on August 31, God willing. I am having RNY surgery on 7/08/2008. I attend a support group with other nurses in recovery, as well as AA meetings. I thank God for my sobriety, and all of my wonderful friends who support me now, and those folks along the way that helped me reach 9 years sober. i waited until now to do the surgery because I realize the possibilites of my other addictions coming out to bite me. I pray that I have the same strength, provided by my Higher Power, who I choose to call God, and the right tools for continued sobriety (from all of my addictions) including food. I am happy to listen if you ever want to vent.

SDmovergal
on 7/7/08 11:35 am - San Diego, CA
Congrats Trish.  Now of us ever thought that we would end coping with this disease.   One day  at a time is all that we can do.  i am 10 months sober and am learning so much about myself and my addictive tendencies through AA.    i was a poster child for addiction transfer.   Find yourself a home meeting and dig in, which it sounds like you have. Best wishes, barbara
heybiggirl
on 7/9/08 1:35 pm - TX
(hugs) CONGRATS! I've been there. I used to be addicted to crystal meth. If you would like and if it helps, you are more than welcome to read my story. I came out sober and I have faith you will too. BG
The UnSLEEVED 0.
on 7/12/08 8:45 am

I will be acknowledging 6 yrs clean on july 21,2008 and on Friday July 25th I will be celebrating at my homegroup.....  on Saturday july 26th i have been asked to share my experience strnght and hope at a local event and THEN on SUNDAY july 27th I fly to TX for my REVIONS TO VSG on Monday JULY 28th....................WHAT A FULL LIFE free from the horrors of addiction ....... I

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 771 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 995 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1703 views