Sunday Sobriety

Patricia R.
on 6/29/08 4:58 am - Perry, MI
Well, I managed to scrape myself off the couch this morning and get to a 6:30 a.m. meeting.  (I slept on the couch because it was cooler downstairs than in my room.)  The meeting was a Came To Believe Meeting and the reading talked about doing a Fourth Step.  I had not been to that meeting in ages and I shared about how I had wanted to drink yesterday, and I was coming back from my relapse.   Today, I am supposed to be cleaning because the munchkin is coming to town.  Instead, I am chatting with guys I am meeting on Craigslist.  Yes, I just discovered Craigslist personals.  Yikes.  So far, I have only met one creepazoid, and I think I scared him off, hopefully.  He had the nerve to e-mail me the length of his genitalia in his introductory post.  Like I need that much information from the very start.  Puh-leeze.   Anywho, I am enjoying the distraction, and getting an education.   I did make it to church today, and I did see a correlation between my pastor's sermon and the 12 steps, but I have to look at it more closely to put it together. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 6/29/08 10:01 am - So. Easton, MA
Good for you!! I relaxed all day myself.  I simmered Bolognese sauce all day and didn't feel guilty for just hangin' out!! Enjoy your visit with your munchkin!  Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 771 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 995 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1703 views