~~SPIRITUAL~~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 6/28/08 11:58 pm, edited 6/29/08 12:34 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

I've happened upon one of those small miracles today.  Like the quote spoke of yesterday.. not just a coincidence..

A very dear friend of mine (online) from England.. and I talk daily.  He mentioned to me today that I waste so many hours online, when I should be out living (like throwing a frisby.. ) .  He said sometimes the answer is a simple answer.  At first I felt defensive.  And then realized that was the same feeling I had when someone use to mention my drinking.  Many times it's the close people around us that sees the problem first.  I told him how I've changed my addiction from one.. to another *internetting* now and thanked him for his honesty.

I then read today's motivational.. and cried and went and posted it to him.. and now I'm sharing it here.  I am then going to go clean up and go to the community park where I will walk around the lake (for some exercise) and meditate and probably enjoy myself.  Thanks for reading...

06/29 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY Once we surrendered and came to The Program, many of us wondered what we would do with all that time on our hands.  All the hours we'd previously spent planning, hiding, alibiing, getting loaded, coming down, getting "well" juggling our accounts - and all the rest - threatened to turn into empty chunks of time that somehow had to be filled.  We needed new energy previously absorbed by our addictions.  We soon realized that substituting a new and different activity is far easier than just stopping the old activity and putting nothing in its place.  AM I REDIRECTING MY MIND AND ENERGY?

TODAY I PRAY I pray that, once free of the encumbrance of my addiction, I may turn to my Higher Power to discover for me how to fill my time constructively and creatively.  May that same Power that makes human paths cross and links certain people to specific situations, lead me along good new roads into good new places.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER Happenstance may be more than chance.

hugsss with love

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 771 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 995 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1703 views