~~SPIRITUAL~~ A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 6/28/08 6:59 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Sorry I've not posted these in awhile...  I couldn't let today's NOT go unposted tho.   It says a whole lot... 06/28 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY Almost daily, I hear of seemingly mysterious coincidences in the lives of my friends in The Program.  From time to time I've experienced such "coincidences" myself; showing up at the right places at exactly the right time; phoning a friend who unbeknownst to me, deseperately needed that particular phone call at that precise moment; hearing "my story" at an unfamiliar meeting in a strange town.  These days, I choose to believe that many of life's so-called "coincidences" are actually small miracles of God, who prefers to remain anonymous.  AM I CONTINUINGLY GRATEFUL FOR THE MIRACLE OF MY RECOVERY? TODAY I PRAY May my awareness of a Higher Power working on our lives grow in sensitivity as I learn, each day, of "coincidences" that defy statistics, illnesses that reverse their prognoses, hair-breadth escapes that defy death, chance meetings that change the course of a life.  When the un-understable happens, may I perceive it as just another of God's frequent miracles.  My own death-defying miracle is witness enough for me. TODAY I WILL REMEMBER My life is a miracle. Hugss with love

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

marieh
on 6/28/08 11:17 am - So. Easton, MA
This one was amazing Rhonda! Thanks for posting. I remember thinking that there were many ways to have to fight for my sobriety. I fought my withdrawals daily for 2 yrs, and THEN had to defend my successes to my mother who was clearly ashamed of it. I told her that I'm DAMN PROUD that I got past the siren call of a disease that could have killed me.  Talk about death defying! Anyone that has ONE day sober is doing a death defying act! Life IS a miracle! Thanks for posting this today! Hugs, Marie

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views