30 day coin early

Patricia R.
on 6/27/08 11:03 pm - Perry, MI
I went to my 6:00 a.m. AA meeting this morning and shared how four weeks ago today, I had my last drink.  Well, near the end of the meeting, a friend shared and then gave me a 30 day coin.  Well, I am no math genius, but I have 28 days, not 30.  Monday, I will have 30 days, Lord willing and by His grace.  I am feeling awkward about it all.  After the meeting, everyone was welcoming me back and congratulating me, but I am just not 100% comfortable with this.   I am working on a 90 in 90 right now.  I have to make another meeting this weekend to catch up, as I started on the 18th, and I missed a meeting on Thursday.  I had an anasthesia hangover from a surgical procedure and could not get up in time for my meeting that day.  What is sweet about it is that with my days off, I can do doubles.   I just had to share where my crazy head is.  I need to put out there that I got my coin, but it is not sitting right with me today.  It will sit better on Monday. Huggles, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 6/27/08 11:50 pm - Peachtree City, GA
awww hug  - just consider it insurance for another 2 days of sobriety! An Early Congrats to you!!! Love ya girl~ Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Patricia R.
on 6/28/08 10:15 am - Perry, MI
Michelle, On the way to my therapy session, I read the coin, and it said, 1 Month.  In China, 28 days is one month, so I am okay with it now. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 6/28/08 7:01 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
hugssss Trish.. thanks for sharing I've not forgotten I owe you a book .. I do have it, just need to mail it.  But please read today's A Day At A Time.. see if it's insightful for YOU.  I really liked today's!! hugsss Rhonda

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 6/28/08 10:16 am - Perry, MI
I am okay with it now, because the coin says 1 month on it.  I just got rattled because I didn't plan on announcing my anniversary till Monday.   Thanks for all your encouragement. Hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 6/28/08 11:04 am - So. Easton, MA
Tri**** was SOOOO good to talk with you today!!  Your strength and courage totally have me in awe! This group has some of the worlds STRONGEST people in it!!  YOU ROCK!! Congratulations on your Chinese 30!!! :D Hugs, Marie

Patricia R.
on 6/28/08 11:26 am - Perry, MI
Both you and my therapist said I am strong today.  HMMM.  I wonder if you two know something I don't know.   Thanks for the peptalk today.  I needed it bigtime this afternoon. Love and hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Ann Marie C.
on 6/28/08 9:17 pm
Hi Trish,Congratulations on your one month chip.I have a couple of thoughts.Do you have a sponsor?I ask because I am in the same boat but I have a year on July 3 and all the people keep trying to congratulate me and I am so uncomfortable because I am not there yet...I talk to my sponsor,read the BB,and try to help another alcoholic.Just remember that everything is exactly as it should be and we are not in charge.This might be one thing to give over to your HP.Just for today.Peace,Annie

Annie
Evaluation 5/10/08
Surgery 11/04/08Lap Band Concord Hospital
257/177/150

Patricia R.
on 6/28/08 10:19 pm - Perry, MI
I am working with a woman who is a temporary sponsor.  My old sponsor is letting me go, as she is busy and can't get back to me like she would like.  My temporary sponsor was at the meeting, and she congratulated me along with everyone else.   I am okay with it today.  It just had me unsettled at first, that's all.  I was afraid I would jinx my sobriety, that's all.  Once I read my chip, and saw it said "1 Month" and not "30 days" I felt peace about it.   Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views