Internet Withdrawal

Patricia R.
on 6/26/08 10:08 am - Perry, MI
I just got done 9 days of internet/cable TV withdrawal.  I pray I never have to do that again.  UGH.  I missed you guys terribly.  I felt so lost without my connection to you all, and my other support people.   My recovery has been good.  I have been making my AA meetings daily for over a week.  I have 26 days of sobriety, and I am grateful for that.   My therapy has been going interestingly.  My therapist is using my last relapse to really drill home with me my entitlement attitude that I was barely aware of till now.  I have an attitude that says if life does not go my way, I am entitled to eat, drink sex, flip out, act out, cut, or whatever I feel like it, and you all can just deal with it.  When he confronted me with that attitude, I felt disgust and remorse.   At my last session, he confronted me about my spirituality.  I have faith, and belief in God, but do not apply it when push comes to shove, especially in my therapy/recovery.   So, these are the things I am working on these days.   I am done the school year, but am now working at the psychiatric hospital part time.   Huggles, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 6/26/08 11:37 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I'm so happy for YOU..  your post sounds so much better AND happier than when you are in your relapse.  Also it sounds like you have a very good therapist..  tells it like it is.. sometimes (all the time) we really need that. love you

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 6/27/08 8:31 am - Perry, MI
Thanks Rhonda, It is good to be sober and loving life again.  I also am grateful for my kick-ass therapist, who shoots from the hip and takes no prisoners.  He and I have been butting heads, or working together on my mental health, for 19 years, pity the fool.  As the Big Book says, "some are sicker than others..." Huggles, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views