Just need to cry

Patricia R.
on 6/16/08 12:23 pm - Perry, MI
I have been sick the past few days with my sinuses and asthma.  Today was the worst, and I have missed my meetings as a result.  Then, I fell on the pity pot because my family is all on vacation, but me.  Next week, my ex is going to Italy with his wife and in a few weeks, my son is heading to Hawaii.  I can't afford to go to the Jersey shore for an overnight.   So, with three days without a meeting, self-pity oozing from every pore, and sinus headache and asthma symptoms, I am now on steroids which make my crazier than I already am.  I went over to take care of my sister's dog, opened up her fridge to get some ice water and there were some cans of beer.  I closed the fridge and went home shaking.  I called my therapist because I did not want to risk calling anyone else, because my AA friends all go to bed early for our 6 a.m. meeting.   I did not drink, I just got tempted for the first time in 16 days.  I have 16 days of sobriety and I am scared because of that. Huggles, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

evonne
on 6/16/08 12:38 pm - west hazleton, PA
Trish, that was awesome that you closed the fridge and left.  Just think of that as such a success.  You will be thankful tomorrow - 17 days of sobriety.  Hang in there and keep looking for the help. I'm searching on this OH website for relationship/emotional issues.  I've yet to find anyone experiencing those kind of mental health issues.  I'm so struggling with my emotional well being with all of the changes in my life the past year. Your topic name of "just need to cry" caught my eye because I've been crrying for the past few days and can't seem to figure out why I feel so imbalanced.  I'm 43, wondering if I'm going through the change or if my relationship issues have me down.  Not sure. 
Patricia R.
on 6/16/08 4:52 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks for the encouragement.  In addition to my addictions, I also have relationship issues.  My therapist and I have been working on that forever, it seems.  I have not dated in years, partly because I go to extremes in dating.  My marriage was a bust, because of my inability to have a healthy relationship as well. Hang in there.   Huggles, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 6/16/08 9:06 pm - So. Easton, MA
Trish, I am SO  proud of you!! You showed such strength!! :)  Good for YOU!! :) 17 days is AN AMAZING feat!! You rock! Call me if you need me!! Hugs, Marie

RHONDA FROM KY
on 6/17/08 6:19 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

I'm proud that your wanting to not drink.. overpowered your wanting to drink hang in there hon, your blessings are coming.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views