~~SPIRITUAL~~ DEALING WITH CONFUSION

RHONDA FROM KY
on 6/14/08 12:51 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I posted this on another board.. and sharing here also.. so instead of the usual quote from A DAY AT A TIME.. this is from a book I bought while in Alanon..  

~A Courage To Change.. ~

Confusion can be a gift from God.  Looking back on instances when I felt desperately in need of an immediate solution, I can see that often I wasn't ready to act.  When I became fully ready, the information I needed was there for the taking.

When I know too much about my options before the time is right to exercise those options, I tend to use the information only to drive myself crazy.  That's why today, when I am feeling confused, I try to consider it grace.  It may not yet be time for me to act.

I think that dealing with confusion can be like cooking.  If the bread isn't done, I don't take it out of the oven and insist that it's time to eat.  I let it finish baking.  If a clear solution to a problem hasn't shown itself yet, I can trust that it will appear when the time is right.

TODAY'S REMINDER
I will thank my Higher Power for whatever I experience today, even if I feel troubled or confused.  I know that every experience can offer me a gift.  All I have to do is be willing to look at my situation in the light of gratitude.

"Everything has it's wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content."  ~~Helen Keller

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANOTHER... regarding confusion...

I often struggle to know what is my will and what is God's.  I feel serenity slipping from me while a war is waged within my mind and loud voices urge me to take one path or another.

Doubt is an unavoidable companion of spiritual seeking.  I don't have an instruction book, so I must continue to explore and challenge my perceptions.  I know that when I feel a desperate urge to act, it is usually my will that is pushing, and when I feel a calm certainty, it is usually God's.  But much of the time, I don't have such a clear indication.  What then?  Sometimes I wait for clarity or try t listen more closely for guidance; I may share my confusion and ask for the wisdom of others; or I may just make a choice, take an action, and see what happens.  More will be revealed when the time is right, no matter what choice I make.  Since I have turned my will and my life over to God, any choice I make can be used to carry out His will.

TODAY'S REMINDER
Today I will remember that uncertainty is not a fault but an opportunity.  Everything I do and everything that crosses my path--people, situations, ideas--all have the potential to contribute to my growth and understanding.  Just for today, I don't have to know what that contribution will be.

"There lives more faith in honest doubt, Believe me, than in half the creeds." 
                ~~Alfred, Lord Tennyson

hugss with love

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views