Anxiety/Panic Attacks

Patricia R.
on 6/9/08 3:51 am - Perry, MI
I have been having anxiety/panic attacks for two days now.  I am not sure what they are about, but they are increasing in their physical symptoms, and starting to interfere with me more than I like.  I made my 6 a.m. meeting this morning.  I got out of work early due to the excessive heat wave we are having.  Last night when I got hit with the anxiety, I called a friend from AA, and talked, and then I took my meds I am prescribed earlier than normal, which the doc has said is okay to do.  I am not sure what to do if it keeps up at this point.   I had a good weekend, though yesterday became stressful none the less.  Today we got out of work, I am a public school teacher, and the heat closed school early.  I have a week of sobriety, and I feel like I am falling apart right now. I do know that I do not want a drink, I am not even tempted.   Just needed to share where I am at. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 6/9/08 10:09 am - So. Easton, MA

Trish my friend, I'm pulling for you! I'm very happy for you that you're not tempted to have a drink!! :)  Congratulations on your week!!! I'm proud of you, chickie!!

Hugs,

Marie

Patricia R.
on 6/9/08 10:36 am - Perry, MI
Thanks, Marie, My shrink is increasing one of my meds, and that has me anxious about waking up in the morning for my meeting.  I see him next week, so I should be okay for now.  He said I will feel tired for a few mornings, and then be okay after that.  I will take it early, like now, it's 8:30. I feel like I am falling apart, and just coming apart at the seams right now.  My apartment is a mess, my stomach is aching, my heart is racing, my finances are a disaster, I owe the IRS over $2000 for last year's taxes, my bankruptcy is due to be filed sometime this summer, my mom is constantly talking about how she should  be my money manager, I hate being a teacher, and I am so darn lonely, BUT, I am sober, and I do not want a drink. Anywho, I am just taking it one day at a time, and when that gets too hard, one minute at a time. Huggles, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

marieh
on 6/9/08 11:11 am - So. Easton, MA
I'd rather be tired a few times than anxious as you have been lately hon. You're doing the right thing for yourself!  Take the other issues in your life the same way hon...one day, one hour, one minute at a time.   My cardiologist has me taking some of my meds at night too. The body absorbs some stuff better at night while rebuilding. As for the apt, your stomach, etc...take a deep breath and KNOW you're doing the right thing...staying sober, helping you become a stronger you. Love ya, Marie

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/08 9:25 am - Bronx, NY
Dear Trish, You are not alone.  I totally identify with your feelings.  I too, have been having anxiety attacks.  My doctor just decreased my hypothyroid medication and I think that was my problem.  I am a nyc school teacher in a closing school-   thanks to bloomberg and klein.  I have been in the same school for 18 years and i recently had to go on job interviews, interview panels, job fairs and demo lessons.  Stress!  I was offered two positions and had such difficulty making a decision and i know that shouldn't be a surprise to you.  my phone must have rang 4 times in ten minutes from perspective jobs.  i had a panic attack in cvs.  i thought i was saved when i saw a friend but she laughed and kept shopping.  damn earthling.  I too, owe the irs 4000.  so you see-you are not alone.  god willing i have 7 years sobriety at end of july.  hang in there.  don't forget the promises.  we will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us and don't let financial insecurity push you over the edge.  prioritize.  focus on health.  i joined lucille roberts and it has made the world of a difference.  i think  that combined with the weight loss is making my metabolism go bonkers. 
Patricia R.
on 6/10/08 11:37 am - Perry, MI
Thanks for your understanding.  I teach in Philly, and I am up for a meeting with my regional superintendent for disciplinary action because of excessive absences, even though I have doctors' notes, and may be suspended as a result.  My meeting is Thursday.  I despise urban educational bureaucracies.   Anywho, I am not going to drink over this.  I have ten days today, and I went to my 6 a.m. meeting.   Thanks for sharing.  Keep posting.   Hugs, Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Curious G.
on 6/9/08 10:59 pm - Peachtree City, GA
Just try to keep your head where your feet are.  Hard to do - I know.

Are you getting exercise?  I have GAD and OCD, and I do know that my anxiety is much better controlled with regular exercise.

The other stuff will all work out how it's gonna work out - just remember that sometimes the ONLY thing we can do is stay sober today.  That's ok - and we are MIRACLES when you consider how many active addicts/alcoholics out there.  Each 24 is a miracle.  YOU are a miracle.

This too shall pass - sending much love your way!
Michelle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  "God does not care about our mathmatecial difficulties - he integrates emperically!" - Albert Einstein

Patricia R.
on 6/10/08 12:08 am - Perry, MI
Michelle, I am increasing my exercise these days for many reasons, my mental health being one of them.  I just have to for the anxiety, depression, and to self-soothe, not to mention the benefits to my weight.  Thanks. Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views