**SPIRITUAL** A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/24/08 12:30 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
05/24 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY Getting over years of suspicion and other self-protective mechanisms can hardly be an overnight process.  We've become thoroughly conditioned to feeling and acting misunderstood and unloved--whether we really were or not.  Some of us may need time and practice to break out of our shell and the seemingly comfortable familiarity of solitude.  Even though we begin to believe and know we're no longer alone, we tend to sometimes feel and act in the old ways.  AM I TAKING IT EASY?  AM I LEARNING TO WEAR THE PROGRAM AND LIFE LIKE A LOOSE GARMENT? TODAY I PRAY May I expect no sudden, total reversal of all my old traits.  My sobriety is just a beginning.  May I realize that the symptoms of my disease will wear off gradually.  If I slip back, now and then, into my old self-pity bag or my grandiosity, may I not be discouraged, but grateful.  At last, I can face myself honestly and not let my delusions get the best of me. TODAY I WILL REMEMBER Easy does it. hugsss with love

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

marieh
on 5/24/08 10:02 am - So. Easton, MA
Boy is this ever the truth!! :)

RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/24/08 9:59 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
 it's funny when it slaps you in the face sometimes.. huh..

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

marieh
on 5/24/08 11:03 pm - So. Easton, MA
His timing is something else isn't it?? LOL!! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views