**SPIRITUAL** A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/22/08 10:32 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
TWO TODAY.. YESTERDAYS.. AND TODAYS. 05/22 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY When I first listened to people in The Program talking freely and honestly about themselves, I was stunned.  Their stories of their own addictive escapades, of their own secret fears, and of their own gnawing loneliness were literally mind-blowing for me.  I discovered -- and hardly dared believe it at first -- that I'M NOT ALONE.  I'm not all that different from everybody else and, in fact, WE'RE ALL VERY MUCH THE SAME.  I began to sense that I do belong somewhere, and my loneliness began to leave me.  DO I TRY TO GIVE TO OTHERS WHAT HAS BEEN GIVEN FREELY TO ME? TODAY I PRAY May I begin to see, as the life stories of my friends in The Program unfold for me, that our similarities are far more startling than our differences.  As I listen to their accounts of addiction and recovery, may I experience often that small shock of recognition, a "hey-that's-me!"  feeling that is quick to chase away my separateness.  May I become a wholehearted member of the group, giving and taking in equal parts. TODAY I WILL REMEMBER Sameness, not differences. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 05/23 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY When newcomers to The Program experience the first startling feeling that they're truly among FRIENDS, they also wonder -- with almost a sense of terror -- if the feeling is real.  Will it last?  Those of us who've been in The Program a few years can assure any newcomer at a meeting that it is very real indeed, and that it DOES last.  It's not just another false start, nor just a temporary burst of gladness to be followed, inevitably, by shattering disappointment.  Am I CONVINCED THAT I CAN HAVE A GENUINE AND ENDURING RECOVERY FROM THE LONELINESS OF MY ADDICTION? TODAY I PRAY Please, God, let me not be held back by my fear of recurring loneliness.  May I know that the openness which warms me in this group will not suddenly close up and leave me out.  May I be ptatient with my fear, which is swollen with past disappointments and losses.  May I know that the fellowship of the group will, in time, convince me that loneliness is never incurable. TODAY I WILL REMEMBER Loneliness is curable. HUGSSS WITH LOVE

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views