**SPIRITUAL** A DAY AT A TIME

RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/19/08 2:05 am, edited 5/19/08 8:33 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
TODAY I POSTED TWO DAYS.. YESTERDAYS AND TODAYS....  I know from meeting that many of us have the common bond of yesterdays reading..  "not fitting in.."  And for myself.. I have found the cure in today's reading  I love both of these... 05/18 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
I consider myself a "loner" in the days when I was actively addicted.  Although I was often with other people-saw them, heard them, touched them-most of my important dialogues were with my inner self.  I was certain that nobody else would ever understand.  Considering my former opinion of myself, it's likely that I didn't WANT anybody to understand.  I smiled through gritted teeth even as I was dying on the inside.  HAVE MY INSIDES BEGUN TO MATCH MY OUTSIDE SINCE I'VE BEEN IN THE PROGRAM?

TODAY I PRAY
May my physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual selves become one, a whole person again.  I thank my Higher Power for showing me how to match my outside to my inside, to laugh when I feel like laughing, to cry when I feel sad, so recognize my own anger or fear or guilt.  I pray for wholeness.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I am becoming whole.
05/19 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY "When I was driven to my knees by alcohol, I was made ready to ask for the gift of faith,"  wrote AA co-founder Bill W.  "And all was changed.  Never again, my pains and problems notwithstanding, would I experience my former desolation.  I saw the universe to be lighted by God's love; I am alone no more."  AM I CONVINCED THAT MY NEW LIFE IS REAL AND THAT IT WILL LAST SO LONG AS I CONTINUE DOING WHAT THE PROGRAM AND TWELVE STEPS SUGGEST THAT I DO? TODAY I PRAY May God be the ever-present third party in my relationships with others, whether they are casual or involve a deep emotional commitment.  May I be aware that if there is real friendship or love between human beings, God's spirit is always present.  May I feel His spirit in all my human relationships. TODAY I WILL REMEMBER God is the Divine Third hugsss with LOVE

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

marieh
on 5/19/08 9:24 pm - So. Easton, MA
Rhonda thanks so much for "A Day At A Time"! I'ts been a Godsend to me since I got it!! :) Xoxox, marie

RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/20/08 1:54 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I'm glad you like it Marie.. it really is a wonderful daily book.  Actually I just received another that I ordered off Ebay the other day.  I'm hoping to pass it along to someone who may like to have one.. and use it!!    just paying it forward

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/20/08 2:11 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Marie.. if you ever feel like sharing in posting the daily reading from A DAY AT A TIME..  it would not hurt my feelings..  ~big grins~

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views