FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

tl_morgan
on 5/18/08 3:15 pm - riverton, WY
I have had weight loss for 3 years now.  Weight loss surgery that is.  The roux en y.  I am 15 pounds or so from weight goal but I feel that I am out of control. I may still eat small amount but I feel that I am not stopping eating.  I eat more then I use too and I am not gaining weight but I am not losing weight.  i know I need help some where so I do not know who to talk to or what to do. I have our group here but I am just kind of lost so I thought I might hit someone else outside of our group and see if there are people in yours or something that is willing to help or share food menu ideas or something.  I am getting unhappy and depressed sometimes I guess.  But I want to lose this 15 pounds before I have plastic surgery.  I am anemic right now so they don't want me going to the gym at the moment so I am just kind of off.  I stay at home and watch kids so that is part of my factor I eat, and then I want to go eat again.   I know that my body could live without it but I my mind, mouth or something keep thinking I need too.   So help please if you can.   laurie
RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/18/08 9:15 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
oh I can be in the same boat .. some days good.. some days not so good.. some days graze all day.. and some days not eat a thing but maybe one meal.  I guess that's why we find ourselves with RNY.. but better that we are on an Obesity website getting support from others.. and on the Addictions Board.. how fitting is that, I ask When I saw a nutritionist a week or so ago.. she suggested me tracking everything I eat.  I use to try to do that on FITDAY.. but of course that's not FUN.. so I've not really done it.  BUT .. it is a suggestion..   Now if it was FUN.. or TASTED GOOD.. I'd be all over doing it.. but then you know how all people are.. if it's not fun.. and it's work.. we tend to be lazy.   Anywho.. I've been doing weigh ins every Monday and have been stuck at the same for a couple weeks now.  Maybe.. just Maybe.. I'll go see if I can remember my sign in on FITDAY and give it a whirl this week.  Want to try it with me.. hugsss Rhonda

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

tl_morgan
on 5/19/08 3:03 pm - riverton, WY
Yeah so what is the website?
Patricia R.
on 5/19/08 6:53 am - Perry, MI
My eating has been out of control since Christmas.  I had my RNY in August 2006.  I gained 20 pounds as a result and am now stuck.  I have binged on sugar and done some serious dumping as a result.   I have done eating disorder treatment, and learned a lot of tools.  I have also been to OA, Overeaters Anonymous, a 12 step program for people with compulsive eating problems.  Both have helped me.  I just have not utilized all I have learned since then.   A really good book that I have not finished yet but addresses our issues is "The Anatomy of a Food Addiction."  I cannot remember the author's name, but it is really excellent at addressing the chemistry of addictions.   I have not gotten control of my eating lately, I hope to soon. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

tl_morgan
on 5/19/08 3:02 pm - riverton, WY
Well I guess that I am glad that someone else is in the same boat but I need to stop and figure it out and it's just awww frustrating. My mind says eat, my mouth waters for food lol that sounds dumb I know but I think about food and boom mouth waters 
marieh
on 5/19/08 9:20 pm - So. Easton, MA
Try www.fitday.com . I used it when I weightlifted. I am a diabetic, so I log my blood sugars, food, protein and water every day. I keep mine in my day planner so I can bring it to my doctors appts. It's accountability. When you SEE it on paper or in print, it's much easier to see what we're really eating...and much harder to fool ourselves into thinking we're under our targets. For the past several months I thought I still wasn't getting in 1000 calories a day. Come to find out, I ws averaging 1300.  Still, ok, but not what I *thought*...Fitday lets you incorporate your activity too, and auto-calculates your totals when you add it in! It's a great site! Marie

tl_morgan
on 5/20/08 5:46 am - riverton, WY
thanks i will have to try that.  I know I am getting at least more then 1200 so I am not doing so hot there.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views