Sick and hung over from sugar

Patricia R.
on 5/15/08 12:25 am - Perry, MI
So, I went on a rampage last night.  The creditors are calling, and I can't find all my paperwork I am sending to my bankruptcy lawyer, so I was craving sugar in the worst way.  So, I went cruising for a binge.  I found one alright, and afterward, I was sick and in the toilet with nausea and diarrhea in the worst way.  Now, I overslept, missed my 6 a.m. meeting and feel like something my cats wouldn't even drag in because they have more dignity than that.  I have no patience with myself, my life, and anything else anymore.  I need to get my program in gear and start working the steps better, or I am in danger of drinking. Huggles, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

PittsburghCutie
on 5/15/08 5:28 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Oh how I understand. I've been eating so many sweets, candy, cookies...blah blah bla, I've been getting myself ill. Rhia, sweats, rapid heart rate....wanting to drink, due to the same reason you are stating.

I have no job, can't seem to get one...not even the dollar store for cryin out loud....collections calling...only difference is....I file bankruptcy, I drag my husband down with me....this is f'n rediculous.

It's wearing on me something fierce, I feel like a failure in my own being. I know people at my meetings and my inpatient program are getting sick of hearing about it...the same people hear me ***** about this topic daily.

I hate it...

Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
piper
on 5/16/08 5:40 am
Hi Trish - I find that when I go anytime without alcohol (the ultimate sugar addicts buzz) that I too look for sugary and salty things. First our bodies cry out for the missing sugar and since we are also dehydated from alcohol we seek out salt. Don't beat yourself up so much, it's not making anything better to be mean to yourself. Weren't you punished enough with how sick you were?  You are such a nice person, which is clear from all of your postings. I was a lurker for a long time before posting here and your posts always helped and touched me. You will get better and if I didn't think that about myself I would crawl up in a ball and die. You obviously try soooo hard. Thats what matters that you still have hope and try try try! Hang in there!
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 770 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 751 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 976 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1682 views